The master of higher education administration (MHEA) degree is designed for administrators, faculty, policy makers, and leaders in higher education interested in enhancing their leadership and management capabilities.
The MHEA is a 36-semester-hour degree, requiring 13 core courses and five electives. Each graduate course is two semester hours. You can complete the degree in just 21 months, but, on average, our students finish this program in two-and-a-half years.
Elective courses for all graduate business and nonprofit degrees can be chosen from the wide range of courses available in the School of Business and Nonprofit Management. The core courses listed below cannot count as electives. You may be able to complete a graduate business or nonprofit certificate through your elective credit.
View all graduate business and nonprofit courses.
Master of Higher Education Administration Core Courses
The degree requirements listed below are for students who begin their program during the 2015–2016 academic year (August 2015 and later). Some of these courses will be new as of August 2015, and their course descriptions are not yet available in the catalog.
Please review the full academic catalog for the year you enrolled at North Park for official requirements for completing your degree. The catalog, a School of Business and Nonprofit Management advisor, and our course schedules can assist you in planning your course sequence to complete your program.
- SBNM 5010 Organizational Behavior and Ethics
- SBNM 5011 Ethical Leadership
- SBNM 5350 Nonprofit Financial Management
- SBNM 5680 Nonprofit Marketing Analysis and Consumer Behavior
- SBNM 5740 Higher Education Administration
- SBNM 5741 Higher Education Organization and Governance
- SBNM 5742 College Student Development and Administration
- SBNM 5745 Curriculum in Higher Education
- SBNM 5746 Law of Higher Education
- SBNM 5747 Enrollment Management in Higher Education
- SBNM 5770 Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations
- SBNM 5780 Measuring Outcomes and Assessment
- SBNM 5790 Nonprofit Strategic Planning and Management Capstone