Higher Education Administration
The SBNM's certificate programs are designed for professionals who wish to sharpen their skills and knowledge in a specific content area in a short, cost-effective manner.
Certificate programs may be completed in 6-12 months, and all certificate courses may be applied to any of the SBNM's graduate degrees. Students pursue certificate programs for a variety of reasons, including:
- to acquire more advanced knowledge and update existing skills
- to augment their SBNM degree with an area of specialization
- to facilitate a career transition to a new field
Certificate in Higher Education Administration
The field of higher education has become increasingly complex in the last decade. The challenges and opportunities are many, including dramatically increased competition for students, new methods of teaching and learning via the internet, the growing presence of working adults on campus, and student access to college. The certificate in higher education administration provides a unique and highly flexible curriculum that combines coursework in higher education with content in areas of student interest.
The certificate may be completed entirely online, or with combination of online and face-to-face courses.
- History and evolution of higher education in the United States
- Organizational, governance, and leadership thoughts and practices of colleges and universities
- Strategic planning and program analysis
- Opportunities to explore in greater depth fundraising, law, nonprofit marketing, nonprofit finance, and higher education curriculum
- Learn how to operate more effectively within your organization
- Understand how campus environments influence student learning and identity
- Learn effective methods for competitive analyis and strategic planning
- Improve your ability to analyze operations and make program decisions
- SBNM 5740 Introduction to Higher Education Administration
- SBNM 5741 Higher Education Organization and Governance
- SBNM 5780 Measuring Outcomes and Assessment
Choose two electives from the following:
- SBNM 5350 Nonprofit Financial Management
- SBNM 5520 Management and Marketing of Services
- SBNM 5680 Nonprofit Marketing Analysis and Consumer Behavior
- SBNM 5742 The Contemporary College Student
- SBNM 5745 Higher Education Curriculum Development
- SBNM 5746 Law of Higher Education
- SBNM 5770 Fundraising Principles for Nonprofit Organizations
Gainful Employment Information
North Park University is required to provide detailed information about the gainful employment of our students who enroll in School of Business and Nonprofit Management certificate programs. These disclosures will assist students in making informed enrollment decisions with regards to the possible employment opportunities that accompany each of the certificate programs.