The SBNM's certificate programs are designed for for professionals who wish to sharpen their skills and knowledge in a specific content area in a short, cost-effective manner.
Certificate programs may be completed in 6 to 12 months, and all certificate courses may be applied to any of the SBNM's graduate degrees. Students pursue certificate programs for a variety of reasons, including:
- to acquire more advanced knowledge and update existing skills
- to augment their SBNM degree with an area of specialization
- to facilitate a career transition to a new field
Certificate in Organizational Development
Organizations that can quickly adapt their process, structures, and systems to meet changing environmental conditions often enjoy greater competitive advantage in the marketplace. The certificate in organizational development provides concepts, skills, and techniques that can help you advance your management capability and effectiveness.
The certificate may be completed entirely face-to-face, entirely online, or a combination of both.
- Styles of behavior in organizational settings and how to build effective work teams
- Workforce diversity as a means of achieving corporate innovation
- The change management process
- Managing conflict and utilizing power to influence people
- Examine the common pitfalls of team dynamics and learn strategies for overcoming them
- Understand how your personal leadership style impacts team performance
- Develop a coherent way of thinking about change, learn different perspectives of how to organize change, and strengthen your abiloty to manage people through change
- Learn powerful tools to become stronger, more inspiring, and a more effective leader
- SBNM 5010 Organizational Behavior
- SBNM 5030 Principles of Human Resources
- SBNM 5040 Managing Diversity and Conflict
- SBNM 5070 Building High Performance Teams
- SBNM 5780 Measuring Outcomes and Assessment
Gainful Employment Information
North Park University is required to provide detailed information about the gainful employment of our students who enroll in School of Business and Nonprofit Management certificate programs. These disclosures will assist students in making informed enrollment decisions with regards to the possible employment opportunities that accompany each of the certificate programs.