Master of HR Management
The Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM) provides comprehensive preparation in human resource management and organizational development, and is designed for professionals seeking to start or advance their career in human resources. If you wish to obtain a broader business preparation, you may want to consider completing an MBA or MM with a certificate in human resources.
The MHRM requires 18 courses, or 36 semester hours, consisting of 13 core courses and five electives. All courses are two semester hours, and students with prior academic coursework in human resources and business may have up to five courses waived.
The MHRM program is designed for working professionals. Each course is seven weeks long, and there are six terms per year. Face-to-face courses meet once a week for 3.5 hours. While the degree may be completed part-time in just 21 months, the average time for degree completion is 2.5 years.
The program is extremely flexible. You pursue courses when you wish, at the pace you want, and in the format (classroom or online) you desire. You may complete your MHRM at the Chicago campus, and several of the courses may be completed online.
- You may complete graduate certificate programs as part of your MHRM in order to concentrate your studies within the degree.
- Take elective courses through the SBNM or approved courses from other graduate partner programs at North Park University.
- As a graduate of the MHRM program, you will be eligible for the SBNM’s Lifetime Learning program, which allows you to take graduate SBNM courses at a 50% tuition discount for the rest of your life. You may obtain a second SBNM graduate degree by completing a minimum of eight additional courses.
Up to five MHRM core courses may be waived if you completed similar undergraduate or graduate courses from an accredited institution within the previous 10 years and received a grade of B or higher. If the number of course waivers exceeds two, you must replace each waived course beyond the first two with an elective course. Waiver and course transfer arrangements are granted at the time of admission to a degree program, and students are not allowed to waive or transfer additional courses after acceptance as a degree-seeking student.
MHRM Core Courses
- SBNM 5010 Organizational Behavior and Ethics
- SBNM 5011 Ethical Leadership
- SBNM 5030 Principles of Human Resources
- SBNM 5035 Strategic Human Resources Planning and Staffing
- SBNM 5040 Managing Diversity and Conflict
- SBNM 5041 Negotiation and Influence
- SBNM 5060 Talent Development and Retention
- SBNM 5070 Building High Performance Teams
- SBNM 5085 Employment Law
- SBNM 5090 Compensation and Benefits Administration
- SBNM 5095 Strategy and Metrics in Human Resource Management
- SBNM 5590 Organizational Communication
- SBNM 5990 Change Management
You may choose any five elective courses from among those offered through the SBNM, or approved courses from other graduate partner programs at North Park University.