Declaring Your Major
North Park University encourages all undergraduates to declare a major by the end of their first year as a student. Students are invited to discuss their potential majors, as well as larger academic and life goals, with their assigned faculty advisors.
Declaring a Major
North Park students are eligible to declare their major at any point during their academic career. You will officially declare your major by submitting the online major declaration form to the Office of Student Enrichment Services and Support.
When do I use a major declaration form?
- When declaring your major for the very first time.
- Example: Change your official major from undeclared to BA in psychology
- When changing your major.
- Example: Changing from BS in nursing to BA in psychology
- When adding on a second major to your previously declared program (double major).
- Example: Adding BA in Spanish to go along with a BA in biology
- Dropping a major.
- Example: Dropping the BA in Spanish, but keeping BA in biology as your only major
When you're eligible and ready to declare your major, use our online major declaration form.
You may be prompted to log in to view the form. Use your North Park account username (not your full email address) and password. Follow the steps in the form to fill it out and submit your information.