North Park University is committed to helping students live lives of significance and service. In the Office of International Affairs we believe that an important part of the journey toward a life well lived is getting to know one's self, and there are few better ways for a student to do this than to study abroad. International travel and education enable students to see the cultures from which they come in a new way, and to develop new skills and outlooks that will aid them in their personal development.
Here are some other reasons that studying abroad is a smart move:
- Your child will learn about herself and become more independent
- Your child will become more comfortable interacting with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Your child will acquire a better understanding of his own cultural values
- Your child will improve her options for future employment in the increasingly globalized business world
- Your child will have the opportunity to develop fluency in another language.
- Your child will increase his open-mindedness
- Your child will broaden her geographic, artistic, political, and social horizons.
- Your child will make connections that can last a lifetime