Online Catalog Information
Using a smartphone or mobile device? Try searching the library's Catalog on the Go.
Brandel Catalog - search our library's holdings and those of the I-SHARE libraries (these are 76 libraries in Illinois.) Using the catalog, you can:
- discover where many of the physical resources (books, magazines, journals, CDs, and DVDs) in the building are located.
- find some online resources, such as e-books.
- log into your account and renew library materials online.
New User Accounts
The first time that you request materials from another library or try to renew materials online in the catalog, you will be asked to create an account in the catalog. The username and password can be your North Park University login, but it can also be a separate user ID and password if you choose. You can watch this online tutorial about how to create a user account.
Please call the reference desk at (773) 244-5247 if you have any questions about creating an account.
Find Books In The Library
Once you've located books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, or journals in the catalog, find them in the library here:
- Lower Level (CDs, DVDs, and older magazines and journals)
- First Floor (magazines, journals, scores, and reference books such as dictionaries or encyclopedias)
- Second Floor (items with a call number in the G-Z range)
- Third Floor (items with a call number in the A-F range)
- Curriculum Center (text books, curriculum guides, and other education resources)
A Quick Guide To Finding Books By Call Number
You can also browse in the library to discover books about specific subjects. Here is a list of subjects with call number ranges attached.
Get help searching the library by contacting a reference librarian.