Applied Plant Science
- Economic botany
- Food science and technology
- Natural resource management
- Plant pathology
- Colleges and universities
- Research organizations
- Agriculture industry including lumber and paper, seed and nursery, fruit and vegetable growers, fermentation, food industry, and biological supply houses
- Biotechnology firms
- Industries including petrochemical, pharmaceutical, and chemical
- Ecological consulting companies
- Federal, state, and local government agencies
- Environmental and biotechnical regulatory agencies
Information & Strategies
- Take courses or double major in your area of interest.
- Gain relevant experience through volunteer positions, part-time work, or internships.
- Obtain a PhD for teaching, advanced research positions, and administration.
- Learn a foreign language for international work such as plant studies in the tropics.
- Learn federal, state, and local government job application process.