- Archival work
- Museum work: curatorship, conservation, restoration
- Design: period, exhibit, costume, set
- Museums: public, private, university
- Art galleries
- Art councils
- Historical societies and sites
- Public research agencies
- Private foundations
- Theatrical companies
Information & Strategies
- Minor in art history or take other relevant courses.
- Develop excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Acquire computer skills.
- Volunteer or intern in an art or historical museum.
- Earn a graduate degree in museum studies, art history, library/information science or other related field.
- Be prepared to relocate to areas with higher concentrations of art-related employers.