- Scientific applications
- Business applications: intelligence, warehousing, information delivery, maintenance
- Project management
- Computer vendors
- Software and computer companies
- Any large organization including banks, retail chains, manufacturers, universities, and government agencies
- Management consulting firms
- Contract and temporary employers
- Research laboratories
Information & Strategies
- Gain relevant experience through internships or co-ops.
- Develop an attention to detail and a flair for creativity.
- Learn to work well with a team and to meet deadlines.
- Supplement computer degree with courses in business, science, or engineering.
- Stay current on programming languages.
- Earn a master's degree for upper level positions.
- Seek the Certified Computing Professional designation by completing a series of exams and experiential requirements.