- Veterinary sciences
- Other healthcare fields
- Private or group practice
- Health networks
- Nursing homes
- Rehabilitation centers
- Mental health institutions
- Federal, state, and local health departments
- Government agencies
- Armed services
- Correctional facilities
- Colleges and universities
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Retail pharmacy chains
- Research laboratories
- Animal food companies
Information & Strategies
- Food science is good preparation for professional graduate programs in pharmacy, veterinary science, dentistry, or medicine because of the strong science background that is developed.
- Research admissions requirements for individual programs.
- Maintain a high GPA and prepare for required entrance exams.
- Secure strong personal recommendations from faculty.
- Gain exposure to field of interest through volunteering, part-time and summer jobs, or internships.
- Research accredited institutions. Check graduation rates, success rates on licensing exams, cost, location, etc. If possible, speak with current students.
- Develop backup career plans in case admission is denied.