- International law
- Foreign affairs
- Public service
- Institutional/Community development
- United Nations
- Relief organizations
- Religious organizations
- Nonprofit organizations/corporations
- Educational institutions
- Consulting firms
- Research institutes
- National security council (NSC)
Information & Strategies
- Participate in an overseas mission experience.
- Plan to study abroad or participate in an international work experience.
- Learn a second or third language.
- Demonstrate your depth of dedication, willingness to adapt, and coping mechanisms to combat stress and difficult situations.
- Develop skills in the areas of organizing groups, efficiency, and the ability to calm people.
- Develop excellent research, writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Acquire supervisory skills and experience by taking leadership roles in student organizations.
- Learn about geography and international travel regulations.
- Sharpen your public speaking skills and communication skills between cultures.
- Learn to see all sides of a problem, including economic, social, political, and environmental.
- Learn to work well on a team.
- Earn a relevant graduate degree such as international diplomacy, international relations, or law.