- Subsidiary rights
- Publishers including: tradebooks, children's books, paperbacks, textbooks
- Book clubs
- University presses
- Religious presses
- Technical, scientific, or medical presses
- Internet sites
Information & Strategies
- Attend summer publishing institute to sharpen skills and build contacts.
- Become familiar with word processing, desktop publishing, and webpage design.
- Gain knowledge of printing and production.
- Work with local or regional magazines and campus publications.
- Work as a sales clerk or book buyer in a campus or local bookstore.
- Supplement coursework with technical writing courses for opportunities with technical, scientific, and medical publications.