- Armed Forces bands and orchestras
- Symphony orchestras
- Small ensembles
- Rock or jazz groups
- Dance bands
- Concert soloist
- Clubs and restaurants
- Church choirs
- Community choral groups
- Opera chorus or soloist
- Musical theatres
- Ballet productions
- Recording industry
- Radio, television, and motion picture industries
Information & Strategies
- Develop musical talent and skill.
- Obtain formal training to acquire necessary skills, knowledge, and ability to interpret music.
- Ambition and showmanship are important.
- Join campus bands and choruses, church choirs, and other performing acts.
- Seek competitions, apprenticeship programs, and workshops to gain experience and recognition.
- Opportunities are very limited. Most performers have other careers.
- Auditions are generally required.