- Basic and applied research
- Colleges and universities
- Government laboratories
- Nonprofit research centers
- Industry (medical scanners, eyeglasses, binoculars, microscopes, lasers, holography, display technologies, x-ray, ultraviolet spectra, fiber optics)
- Federal agencies such as NASA, Department of Energy, Department of Defense
Information & Strategies
- Obtain a master's degree for positions in industry.
- Supplement program with courses in electricity, magnetism, quantum mechanics, and electronics.
- Get involved in an independent optics project during senior year.