- Elected or appointed leadership
- Campaign management
- Staff administration
- Special interest advocacy
- Legislative, executive, or judicial officials
- National, state, or local government
- Political action committees
- Special interest groups
- Political parties
- Campaigns (national, state, or local)
Information & Strategies
- Volunteer for national or local campaigns.
- Gain experience through internships in government.
- Obtain leadership roles in campus organizations.
- Seek leadership roles on the regional or national level.
- Become involved in campus political organizations, student government, campus publications, or community service projects.
- Take courses in statistics, computer science, environmental protection, or public policy.
- Develop a network of personal contacts.
- Be prepared to begin a political career as a volunteer before moving to full-time or paid positions.