- Social statistics
- Public administration
- Policy analysis
- Program development
- Human services
- City planning
- Law enforcement
Federal departments and agencies such as:
- Departments of Agriculture, Education, Interior, Commerce, Defense
- Health and Human Services
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Housing and Urban Development
- Veteran's Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute of Aging
State and local government
Information & Strategies
- Supplement curriculum with coursework in statistics and social research.
- Develop exceptional computer, communication, and research skills.
- Gain work experience via government internships, part-time jobs, or summer work.
- Develop a specialty such as aging, family, criminal justice, or healthcare.
- Learn the federal job application process.
- Obtain a graduate degree for advanced positions.
- Consider beginning a career with the government by joining the military.