- Social statistics
- Public administration
- Policy analysis
- Program development
- Human services
- City planning
- Law enforcement
- Federal departments and agencies such as:
Departments of Agriculture, Education,
Interior, Commerce, Defense, Health and Human Services, Drug Enforcement Administration, Environmental Protection Agency, Housing and Urban Development
Veteran’s Administration, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Aging
- Peace Corps
- State and local government
- Planning and development commissions
- National, state, or local parks or recreation
- Housing authorities
- Social service agencies
- Transportation departments
Information & Strategies
- Supplement curriculum with coursework in statistics and social research.
- Develop exceptional computer, communication, and research skills.
- Gain work experience via government internships, part-time jobs, or summer work.
- Develop a specialty such as aging, family, criminal justice, or healthcare.
- Learn the federal job application process.
- Obtain a graduate degree for advanced positions.
- Consider obtaining a minor in political science, public administration, or other relevant fields.