- Resource/range management
- Wildlife/fisheries biology
- State/Federal wildlife agencies
- Wildlife refuges
- Federal land management agencies
- Environmental Protection Agency
- National and international environmental/
- Zoos, aquariums and other collections of animals
- Universities and colleges
- Non-governmental organizations, e.g. Trout Unlimited, Wild Turkey Foundation
Information & Strategies
- Practice excellent communication skills.
- Develop physical stamina, outdoor skills and comfort being in close proximity with large and small animals.
- Advanced degrees are often required in these positions, especially for research and teaching.
- Gain extensive laboratory and research experience.
- Supplement curriculum with additional science courses in relevant areas (e.g. genetics, animal behavior, microbiology)
- Become familiar with federal job application procedure for government work.
- Gain work experience in area of interest through internships, summer jobs, or part-time work