Scholarships and Aid
The School of Nursing is committed to providing qualified students with a quality education. All applicants to the MS Program are automatically evaluated on the true cumulative GPA for all of the coursework that went toward his or her BSN degree. Using the official transcript from the BSN-conferring institution as a guide, every class and its grade are taken into consideration (including actual grades earned on transfer credits).
The Presidential Scholarship provides a 30% tuition discount to students with a true cumulative BSN grade point average of 3.50 or higher (on a 4.00 scale), or a GRE score of 1300 or higher. A GPA of 3.00 is required to maintain this award. Students receiving full tuition assistance from their employers are not eligible.
The Dean's Scholarship provides a 15% tuition discount to students with a true cumulative BSN grade point average of between 3.30 and 3.49 (on a 4.00 scale) for their BSN degree, or a GRE score of between 1200 and 1280. A GPA of 3.00 is required to maintain this award. Students receiving full tuition assistance from their employers are not eligible.
These Graduate Nursing scholarships are not based on the GPA earned during the MS program nor do they apply to the Post MS Certificate Programs.
Hospital Employee Discounts
Full-time employees at the following partner hospitals who enroll in graduate nursing or RN-to-BSN degree-completion programs at North Park University may be eligible for a 35% tuition discount:
- Swedish Covenant Hospital (see more information below)
- Northwest Community Hospital
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
Swedish Covenant Hospital Employees
North Park University is pleased to provide financial support for employees of Swedish Covenant Hospital (SCH) who enroll in degree programs in either face-to-face or online modalities, according to the following parameters:
- Full-time employees of SCH who enroll in a degree program at North Park are awarded a blanket grant (discount).
- This employee discount represents the full amount of financial aid available from North Park and will not be combined with other North Park grants and scholarships available to other students.
- Students in the School of Nursing are eligible for a 35% tuition discount.
- To be eligible for the discount, students must complete an employee verification form available in the Human Resources Department of SCH.
- Continued employment will be verified annually by North Park University Financial Aid Office.
Alumni Grants for Graduate Studies
For all new graduate students beginning in the fall of 2013, if you received your undergraduate degree at North Park University, you can return for continued coursework with a 20 percent tuition reduction. This grant may be used toward one course or a full program, for in-person or online courses. This grant cannot be combined with any other scholarship/discounts that may be offered to you.