Student Finance Module
When you log into WebAdvisor, click on the View Account and Make Payments link to view detailed information about your student account.
You will be directed to the Make a Payment screen, which will look like this:
This screen will list the balance due on your account, along with the date by which payment is to be made.
To make a payment, enter the amount that you’d like to pay, the method by which you will be paying, and click Proceed to Payment.
If you do not have a balance on your account, you will see this:
If you are on a payment plan, you will see your entire schedule of payments, but only the overdue payments and the next payment due will be checked to pay:
You can pay on your rent account here as well. It will be under “Other."
The amount that is shown in the Total Payment box may not be the balance due on your rent account, if you have credits on your account. Look at the total on the “Other” line to see what is actually due after charges/payments have been applied to your rent account.
The Account Activity tab will provide you with more details about your student account.
Select the term about which you would like to view more detail about your student account.
Only the icons that apply to you and your account will be displayed on this page. They are:
- Charges: This is the amount that you have been billed for this term. Charges could include tuition, room/board, insurance, course fees, etc.
- Payments: This is the amount that has been paid on your student account for this term. Payments include cash payments made by you/your parent AND financial aid funds that have been posted to your account.
- Refunds: If you have received any refunds for this term, the amount will be listed here. Refunds are given when you have more payments than what you are being charged.
- Payment Plans: The amount listed here will be the amount covered by future payments, not including past due payments or the amount currently due on the first of the upcoming month. The amount listed under “Balance” will equal your past amounts due plus your current upcoming payment.
- Anticipated Financial Aid: This is the amount of aid that has not yet been posted/paid to your account. It is, however, taken into account when calculating your balance.
- Balance: This is the amount that you owe for this term. This amount should equal your charges minus your payments and anticipated aid.
For more detailed information about any of the icons displayed on your record, you can expand the item in the list.
If you detail into an old term (before Fall 2012), you may see a cash receipt with a pay method of “Term, Transfers” on your account. If you add up all of the Term Transfers, they will equal zero. In preparation for the launch of this module, we had to adjust the terms associated with past charges/payments. For example, if you prepaid on your account before charges for a term were actually assessed, then that transaction had to be adjusted/transferred.
Anticipated Financial Aid:
Institutional aid is usually disbursed on the first day of the term and then on an almost daily basis. However, we receive grant funds from the State and Federal governments at various, regular intervals. Loan funds can only be disbursed once we have received your loan documents. Check the My Documents section of WebAdvisor to see if you are missing anything.
If you have a percentage-based scholarship or grant, you may see the comment "Restricted Award.” For these types of awards, we enter an estimated amount on your account, and then the billing system calculates the actual award amount based on your charges and the percentage of the award. For example, a student who is being charged $5,000 in tuition and has a discount of 50% might have an awarded amount of $10,000, but only $2,500 will actually be disbursed based on the terms of the award.
These awards, while they will be listed in on your account, will not be included in the calculation of your balance until the funds have been posted to your account. We start posting institutional funds on the first day of the term. Your balance will correct itself once the funds have been posted.
If you have any questions about the information that is listed here, please contact Student Administrative Services by phone, (773) 244-5560 or (773) 244-5605, or email.