Students are responsible for knowing the billing policies of the University, as well as the tuition and fees policies for dropped classes.
Student billing is done on a semester basis. Students who are preregistered for the fall term will receive bills starting in mid-July. We start billing students who are preregistered for spring in mid-December. Paper statements will be sent only at the start of each semester. You will receive electronic notifications to your Vikings email account for every month thereafter that you have an outstanding balance on your account. You can always view the current balance of your account online through WebAdvisor.
If you are starting in August, arrangements to pay the balance due must be made prior to the due dates for tuition which are:
- Fall semester — August 15, 2014
- Spring semester — January 5, 2015
Students enrolling in October or March must have payment arrangements in place prior to the start of classes. A 1.5 percent finance charge will be assessed monthly for past due accounts.
International students must pay their balances in full prior to the start of the semester.
North Park offers several attractive payment options to make funding your education easier. We would also be happy to counsel you on other loan options that might be available to you.
Pay the Outstanding Balance When Due
Payments can be made in cash, check, e-check, or credit card. Checks should be made out to North Park University and submitted to Student Administrative Services, located on the first floor of the Student Services Building. They can also be mailed to:
North Park University
Student Administrative Services, Box 9
3225 W Foster Ave
Chicago IL 60625
Credit card payments can be made by phone at (773) 244-5560 or (773) 244-5605, or online through WebAdvisor. We currently accept MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and Discover.
North Park has partnered with Official Payments, a leader in electronic payment processing, to process credit card payments for the cards listed above. In order to reduce institutional cost and allow more resources to be dedicated to the educational enterprise, payments made by credit card (MasterCard, Discover, Visa, or American Express) will be assessed a 2.5 percent service fee. This 2.5 percent fee is paid to Official Payments to cover the operating costs of credit card processing.
Using WebAdvisor, you may make payments on your student account balance by electronic check ("e-check"). This service is offered as a convenience to make the payment process easier and more flexible for students. No fee is charged for set-up or payment by the electronic check process. E-check payments can also be made by phone with Student Administrative Services, (773) 244-5560 or (773) 244-5605.
You will need the routing number, account number, and check number to make this form of payment. You must also provide the name and address as it appears on the check, along with a valid email address.
International students who would like to make a payment via a bank transfer from a bank located outside of the U.S. can send the payment to:
JPMorgan/Chase Bank, Chicago
SWIFT CODE: CHASUS33
ABA Number: 021000021
Account: North Park University
Account Number: 20035683
Please be sure to include your name and student ID number on the bank wire.
Monthly Payment Plan with North Park University
Enrolling in a North Park payment plan will allow you to pay your bill via monthly payments throughout the semester. It is available to students in all of our academic programs. A student services specialist will work with you to ensure that your payment plan is accurate throughout the term. There is a $30/semester fee to enroll in our plan, and it is interest free throughout the semester. Your first payment can be made as early as August 1 for the fall semester. Complete the Payment Plan Agreement Form to enroll in this convenient payment plan.
Employer Reimbursement Plan
The Employer Reimbursement Plan allows students who are eligible for their company's tuition reimbursement program to defer payment of tuition until two weeks after grades are posted. To enroll in the plan, complete the Employer Reimbursement Form and return it to the address on the top of the form. Please include documentation from your employer, indicating that you are part of the organization's tuition reimbursement plan. There is a $75 annual fee to enroll in the payment plan.
Student Worker Payroll Deduction
If you are working on campus, and would like some or all of your paycheck from the University automatically credited to your student account, complete the Payroll Deduction Agreement Form and return it to Student Administrative Services. Be advised that if you will not be earning enough to cover your entire balance through Payroll Deduction, you will need to make other arrangements to pay the rest of your charges.
A Few Reminders
- Your tuition deposit will appear as a payment on the bill. However, your housing deposit does not appear as a credit, but is held as a damage deposit, to be returned when you leave North Park, less any damage charges incurred per the terms and conditions of the housing contract.
- Traditional undergraduates will be charged a late payment fee of $50 if payment arrangements are not in place by the tuition due date. In addition, a monthly finance charge of 1.5 percent is assessed on unpaid balances on a monthly basis. The finance charge applies to students in all academic programs.
- You may be denied access to classes and/or housing if bills are not paid or you have not made satisfactory payment arrangements with the office of Student Administrative Services. If you have not enrolled in a payment plan or paid in full by the end of the fourth week, you may have your registration pulled and will no longer be registered as a North Park student. Additionally, this will result in the suspension of campus privileges such as housing, Helwig Recreation Center, and other student activities.
- Insurance charges will appear on your bill until you provide proof of health insurance. This applies only to full-time, traditional undergraduate students, and students enrolled in the Seminary for at least six credit hours/semester.
- A student administrative services specialist can help you develop a comprehensive payment plan if desired. Contact Student Administrative Services by phone at (773) 244-5560 or (773) 244-5605, or via email. Student Administrative Services is located on the first floor of the Student Services building. Student Administrative Services is open Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 6:30 pm; Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; and Saturday, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Our fax number is (773) 634-4051.