North Park University invites applications for the Virginia E. Hahn Memorial Scholarship by entering students who plan to study history with the intent to teach history.
The value of the Virginia E. Hahn Memorial Scholarship will be $5,000 or more per year in addition to other scholarships or grants awarded by North Park. The Hahn Scholarship is renewable annually.
Students are selected based on the following criteria:
- Admission to North Park University as a first-year student for the fall semester
- Completion of the online Hahn scholarship application
- ACT/SAT test scores
- High-school academic record, including GPA
Requirements of the Scholarship
- Enrollment in a history class during both semesters of the first year at North Park
- A timely declaration of history as a major
- Admission into the education program at a timely point if the student intends to teach at the high-school level
- Once enrolled in the respective history and education programs, timely progress toward completion
- Full-time enrollment at North Park University
- On-campus residency
Failure to meet the terms of the scholarship may result in a partial decrease or full loss of the Hahn Scholarship.
is the deadline to apply for the Hahn Scholarship. Recipients will be notified by April 1.
- If a student competes for and is offered both the Hahn Scholarship and the Trustee Award, the student must choose one or the other.
- The Hahn Scholarship may not be deferred to a later start date. A student who defers matriculation at North Park must reapply for the Hahn Scholarship and will be considered in a new round of applicants for the appropriate start term.