About the Team
North Park's Viking Dance Team is a co-ed dance performance program. All skill levels are welcome—from beginners to experts. The dance team performs at a variety of men's and women's athletic events, including football, soccer, and basketball games. The team also competes throughout the region during both the fall and spring seasons.
Apply for a dance scholarship by submitting a video audition by April 15. Please adhere to following in your video:
- Dress accordingly (hair, clothing, makeup); make sure there are no elements that distract from your performance. Simple is often the best choice.
- Maximum video length should be four minutes
- Begin the video with a brief introduction that includes your name, hometown, high school, and how long you have been cheering/dancing
- The first 30 seconds to 1 minute should be choreography of your choice that showcases your talents and strengths. This must be a solo performance. No team videos will be considered.
- For the remainder of the video time (up to three minutes), show your other techniques, tumbling, and tricks. Examples should include, but are not limited to, double pirouette (turn), high kicks, leaps, extensions, fuetes, tumbling, hip hop freestyle and stalls.
Scholarship announcements will be made at team tryouts on Saturday, April 26, 2014. We encourage you to visit North Park over this weekend in order participate in tryouts alongside other current and future students. If you cannot attend tryouts on April 26, the coaches will, with your permission, use your scholarship audition video as your tryout video. You can indicate this on the audition application form.
If you are selected to receive a dance scholarship, you must participate in the dance team for the entire academic year. This includes:
- Maintaining full-time enrollment at North Park University (at least 12 semester hours in both the fall and spring semesters)
- Maintaining academic eligibility and team standards
- Attending all dance practices on a regular basis, including weekdays and weekends
- Performing with the team at games and competitions throughout the year
Apply for a Dance Scholarship
The 2014 deadline has passed for the Dance Scholarship. Scholarships will be announced at team tryouts on Saturday, April 26, and will be listed on your financial aid letter when that is issued.