Orientation for new international students takes place the week before classes start each semester. After the international student orientation, new undergraduate, exchange, and English as a Second Language students will participate in several days of continued orientation activities, called Threshold. Please read your acceptance letter for specific orientation dates.
- All undergraduate, exchange, and English as a Second Language students who are new to North Park are required to attend international student orientation.
- Graduate students and those who have already completed a program at North Park are invited, but not required, to attend orientation.
North Park’s orientation program for new international students includes the following:
- Introduction to North Park offices and staff
- Introduction to U.S. culture and the American education system
- Information on maintaining visa status
- Instructions on Chicago’s public transportation system
- Social events that introduce students to the city of Chicago
- Shopping trips and help with class registration
- Opportunities to meet current North Park students for friendship and support