What to Bring and What Not to Bring
We are excited that you will be a part of the North Park University community. As you prepare for your arrival, please keep this information in mind.
We recommend discussing what you will bring with your roommate. If you choose to bring valuables be aware that you bring these items at your own risk, as North Park University is not responsible for the possible damage, loss, or theft of these items.
Suggested Items to Bring
- Alarm clock/clock radio
- Mattress pad
- Sheets (see below for information on sizes)
- Pillow(s) and pillowcases
- Laundry basket and detergent
- Surge protectors/power strips
- Flashlight (in case of power outage – candles are not permitted)
- Shower caddy
- Clothes hangers
- Cooking utensils
- Cups, bowls, plates
- Small box, floor, window, or table fan
Items You May Bring
- Small refrigerator
- Area rug or carpet
- Additional lighting
- Reading lamp
- Coffee pot
- TV, DVD/VCR player
- Personal computer (show your campus love with a North Park desktop background)
- Hot pot
Items You May Not Bring
- Animals/pets (only small fish allowed)
- Hot plates and toasters (no open coils)
- Air conditioners
- Space heaters
- Halogen lights
- High intensity light bulbs
- 5-light floor lamp with colored shades (E230863 Model GX6409)
Residence Hall Linens
Most of North Park's residence halls (Anderson, Burgh, and Sohlberg) and apartments are equipped with extra-long twin mattresses. Ohlson House is furnished with standard twin beds. To assist families in finding appropriate bedding for their students, North Park has partnered with Residence Hall Linens to provide an easy, convenient way to purchase your bedding.
Visit Residence Hall Linens to view the selection available and purchase items you may need.
We do not have any storage space available, so please bring only what will fit in your room during the year, and plan on taking your belongings home during the summer months (unless you plan on living in summer housing).
Planning on bringing a computer to campus? Check out Information Technology
for helpful details about our facilities and network.