Park North is an apartment-style, co-ed residence for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Located south of the central campus on Kedzie Avenue, it is near the Sawyer Court apartments and Helwig Recreation Center.
Park North's residence life staff is focused on building community in this apartment-style dorm, and intentional programming focuses on leadership development for all residents.
Lobby and Common Areas
- Park North's entryway is accessed by electronic key-card access pads, which require North Park student IDs to unlock. The front-desk is staffed 24 hours a day for added security.
- The large lounge area offers both a TV area with couches for socializing, as well as four study booths, two computers and printers for community use, and numerous tables and chairs for studying or socializing.
- A full kitchen in the lounge includes industrial-sized refrigerator and freezer for community use, along with a sink, stove, microwave, and plenty of counter space.
- A laundry room off the lounge includes three washers and dryers (paid by quarters).
- Park North's three floors have 36 two-person suites and house 69 residents (1 RA per floor).
- Living suites are carpeted and include a small kitchen and private bathroom.
- Park North apartments have:
- 1 living area/bedroom (this is the same space)
- 1 bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub/shower
- 1 closet area (either one very large or two smaller closets)
- 1 kitchen area with a bar height counter top and cabinets
- Park North apartments are furnished with:
- 2 bar stools/chairs
- 2 beds (Twin XL)
- 2 desks with chairs
- 2 short bookshelves
- 2 dressers
- 1 microwave
- 1 stove/oven
- 1 refrigerator/freezer
For more details, check out the Park North measurements and layout chart.
Meal plans are optional for this residence because small kitchens are provided in each suite. However, Magnuson Campus Center's dining room is just a short walk away and meal plans may be purchased to supplement students' own cooking.
Take a Closer Look
Want to see more of Park North? Check out the photo gallery with interior pictures, including some great ways students have gotten creative with their decorating skills.
Park North Leadership
The Resident Director (RD) for Park North and Sawyer Court is Alex Shaver. As the RD, Alex lives in an apartment in one of the buildings and supervises the Resident Advisor (RA) staff. All of North Park's RDs are passionate about building connections with students and fostering community in the residences. Alex encourages the special focus on leadership that is a marker of life in Park North and Sawyer Court.
You can reach Alex via email or by calling the Park North Office at (773) 244-4613.