Campus Education and Training
Along with resources and support for students who have been victimized, North Park University provides educational programs and training to students, faculty, and staff in an effort to prevent sexual violence in our community and to respond to violence when it occurs.
- Incoming undergraduate students are required to complete an online sexual assault awareness education program as part of North Park’s commitment to a safe community and AlcoholEdu program.
- In cooperation with Chicago Police, North Park provides sexual assault awareness education and prevention presentations for students and employees.
- Crime awareness programs (which include discussion of sexual violence) are provided for resident and commuter students at the beginning of each academic year.
- Residence Life and Student Activities staff sponsor student engagement programs throughout the year aimed at educating students on the prevention of, and response to, sexual offenses.
- The Title IX Coordinator and Deputies provide training to Athletics, Student Engagement, Faculty and other campus employees in handling incidents of sexual assault.
- The Title IX Coordinator and Deputies provide training upon request.