University Ministries has chosen five guiding values that are central to the way we go about our work and life together. They are certainly not the only things we value, but they are some of the most important to our ministry at North Park. It is our desire to reflect and live out these values in what we do and who we are.
- We seek to live and serve out of our relationship with God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
We value people over programs and process over product.
We are committed to working in a team environment, seeking to support and collaborate with others within our department and across the campus.
We seek to live out a compelling witness to the Kingdom, as we intentionally and respectfully develop and nurture relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
We humbly invest ourselves in the lives of students, sharing our time, experience, and guidance in an effort to mentor them in the way of Jesus.
- We celebrate diversity and include people of different races, ethnicities, cultures, and socio-economic and worship backgrounds, and help everyone find a place in this community to genuinely express themselves.
- We seek out multicultural experiences, ministry opportunities, and relationships, holding in equally high esteem the diverse cultures and lives of all people.
- We embrace and empower all members of the North Park community through the programs, processes, and relationships of our department.
- We seek to be women and men of consistent character, inside and outside of our work environment.
We tell the truth.
We seek to have integrity; to lead transparent, truthful, and blameless lives.
- We seek to know our students and their world so that we may use tools that speak to them in a way that is culturally, racially, ethnically, and generationally appropriate and meaningful.
- We teach Christian truths in applicable and practical ways.
- We care about the whole person and commit to serve students, faculty, and staff in ways that lead to a life of balance, health, and wholeness.
- We seek to show the relevance of following Jesus in today’s world by encouraging a Kingdom understanding of the gospel: authentic community with God and others, transformational discipleship, and bringing God’s mercy and justice to our world.
- We recognize that faith is a journey and embrace students in that process while also expecting, encouraging, and supporting growth and transformation.
- We seek to be salt and light in this world, radically following Jesus’ example of a counter-cultural witness to the status quo.
We seek to positively impact our community by both serving our neighbors and challenging practices and policies of injustice that hinder their wellness, access, and success.