Viking Top 10
Get the scoop on the lingo you'll hear around campus. Here are our top 10, but check out the North Park Dictionary for even more.
- ARA — Aramark, or "ARA" for short, is the dining hall on the top floor of Magnuson Campus Center.
- OrgSync — Use this community website to find out how to get involved in organizations and events on campus.
- Voyage — Our First-Year Experience a program is packed with mini-lectures and workshops that cover everything you need to know about North Park.
- Bridge Events — These events, both on- and off-campus, are offered at free and discounted prices for students. Opportunities throughout the year include movies, plays, sports games, and more.
- The “L” — Short for the elevated light rail system that runs through Chicago, this is the most common source of transportation for North Park students.
- Carlson — Home to most of the University's classrooms as well as the campus gymnasium, you'll spend a lot of time in Carlson Tower.
- Collegelife — This Sunday night worship service is held in Anderson Chapel.
- Core Curriculum — These courses emphasizes reading, writing, and help you think about life's biggest questions.
- The Hump — Located next to Carlson Tower, this is a great hangout or study space on a sunny day.
- Moodle — This online resource for classes is where teachers can post grades, homework assignments, etc.