2015 Annual Symposium for Nonprofit Professionals and Volunteers
Join us on June 22 to lead the way in creating nonprofit organizational excellence.
Nonprofit organizations are challenged by funders, donors, and government agencies to innovate
, disrupt the norm
, and be change agents
in pursuit of our missions. What do we need to have in place to achieve such lofty directives? Can we be innovative change agents within our own organizations through sound policies, responsive budgets and skilled staff? What would the nonprofit sector look like if our organizations each had the internal tools and talent required to achieve our missions?
Join us at the 16th Annual Symposium for Nonprofit Professionals and Volunteers to learn and re-learn what makes nonprofit organizations excel. Identify the professional traits your organization has in place, and leverage these assets to attract high level talent, engage lifelong donors and develop organizational excellence. Hear from colleagues and leaders who have been able to develop new programs and new practices to elevate their organizations and the sector, and the guiding skills and principles they used to get there.
Sign up for our e-mail list to receive updates about the Symposium and other Axelson Center events.
June 22, 2015
Hyatt Regency Chicago
151 E. Wacker Drive
- Keynote: Nick Tasler, author of Why Quitters Win and The Impulse Factor sponsored by BMO Harris Bank.
- A special C-Suite track for nonprofit executive leadership
- Special sessions and events including the annual Awards Luncheon, a facilitated collaborative networking session sponsored by IFF and a live nonprofit pitch session sponsored by Urban Partnership Bank.
- Breakout sessions focused on accountability and integrity; resource generation; leadership and impact; and communicating your story.
Read more about this year's programs.
Looking for businesses and service providers who can support your nonprofit's work? Look no further than the Symposium Resource Center!
Confirmed exhibitors include: Careers In Nonprofits, Cornerstone OnDemand, Donor Perfect Fundraising Software, Donors Forum, Executive Services Corps, IFF, North Park University's School of Business and Nonprofit Management, Porte Brown, Sector 3 Insurance Services, Smith Amundsen, Urban Partnership Bank and WeevU.
- Early Bird (through April 1): $249
- C-Suite Track Full Day: $249*
- C-Suite Track Only: $209*
Read more about registration rates including C-Suite Track eligibility.
Become a Symposium Sponsor or Exhibitor
Sponsorship opportunities and exhibitor tables in our Resource Center are available! Learn more.
About the Annual Symposium
- The largest general nonprofit management conference in the Midwest
- 235 organizations represented at the 2014 Symposium
- Features a growing Resource Center, centrally located at the event (sold out for seven consecutive years)
- Two nonprofit management awards—the Alford-Axelson Award for Nonprofit Managerial Excellence and the Excellent Emerging Organization Award—presented annually at the Symposium.
- Notable past keynotes include Peter Buffett (NoVo Foundation), Aaron Hurst (Taproot Foundation), Jonny Imerman (Imerman Angels), Diana Aviv (Independent Sector), Peter Brinckerhoff (Corporative Alternatives, Inc.), and Dennis J. Hastert (former Speaker of the House).