2015 Annual Symposium for Nonprofit Professionals and Volunteers
Our Challenge: Innovate. Disrupt the norm. Be change agents.
What do we need to have in place to achieve such lofty directives?
What would the nonprofit sector--and our community--look like if our organizations each had the internal tools and talent required to achieve our missions?
Join us at the 16th Annual Symposium for Nonprofit Professionals and Volunteers to learn and re-learn what makes nonprofit organizations excel. Identify the professional traits your organization has in place, and leverage these assets to attract high level talent, engage lifelong donors and develop organizational excellence. Hear from colleagues and leaders who have been able to develop new programs and new practices to elevate their organizations and the sector, and the guiding skills and principles they used to get there.
Sign up for our e-mail list to receive updates about the Symposium and other Axelson Center events.
Event Overview & Registration
June 22, 2015, 8:00am-5:40pm
Hyatt Regency Chicago, 151 E. Wacker Drive
- Registration rates start at $299, available through June 12
- Special rates available for Donors Forum members, students, new nonprofit professionals and small nonprofits
- C-Suite Registration: Starts at $209
Read more about registration rates including C-Suite Track eligibility.
What Past Attendees Say About Symposium
"I enjoyed the diversity of voices represented. All brought a carefully crafted and unique perspective to the platform. I was able to glean something from each that will impact my work in the upcoming year."
"So many wonderful, socially-driven people in one place!"
"I’ve been challenged to think more openly about possibilities in our sector."
"Very professional, very practical."
"A great platform to start having the tough conversations about topics like diversity, board governance and turnover."
- Keynote: Nick Tasler, author of Why Quitters Win and The Impulse Factor sponsored by BMO Harris Bank.
- A special C-Suite track for nonprofit executive leadership
- Special sessions and events including the annual Awards Luncheon, a facilitated collaborative networking session sponsored by IFF and a live nonprofit pitch session sponsored by Urban Partnership Bank.
- Breakout sessions focused on accountability and integrity; resource generation; leadership and impact; and communicating your story.
Read more about this year's programs.
Looking for businesses and service providers who can support your nonprofit's work? Look no further than the Symposium Resource Center!
Confirmed exhibitors include: Design Big Dreams, Porte Brown, The Alford Group, Careers In Nonprofits, Centron Data Services, Inc., Chicago Community Loan Fund, CLGraphics, Cornerstone OnDemand, Covenant Trust Company, Donor Perfect Fundraising Software, Donors Forum, Executive Services Corps, IFF, The Law Project, North Park University's School of Business and Nonprofit Management, North Park University's Bookstore, Sector 3 Insurance Services, Smith Amundsen and Urban Partnership Bank.
Become a Symposium Sponsor or Exhibitor
Sponsorship opportunities and exhibitor tables in our Resource Center are available! Learn more.
Premier Event Sponsors
About the Annual Symposium
- The largest general nonprofit management conference in the Midwest
- 235 organizations represented at the 2014 Symposium
- Features a growing Resource Center, centrally located at the event (sold out for seven consecutive years)
- Two nonprofit management awards—the Alford-Axelson Award for Nonprofit Managerial Excellence and the Excellent Emerging Organization Award—presented annually at the Symposium.
- Notable past keynotes include Peter Buffett (NoVo Foundation), Aaron Hurst (Taproot Foundation), Jonny Imerman (Imerman Angels), Diana Aviv (Independent Sector), Peter Brinckerhoff (Corporative Alternatives, Inc.), and Dennis J. Hastert (former Speaker of the House).