Annual Symposium for Nonprofit Professionals and Volunteers
Registration for the 2015 Annual Symposium is now closed. Please visit us again to learn more about next year's Symposium.
Save the date for the next Annual Symposium on Monday, June 13, 2016!
Sign up for our e-mail list to receive updates about the Symposium and other Axelson Center events.
Symposium 2015 Programming Highlights
- Keynote: Everyday Decisiveness: Decision-Making for Organizational Excellence delivered by Nick Tasler, author of Why Quitters Win and The Impulse Factor. Sponsored by BMO Harris Bank.
- A special C-Suite track for nonprofit executive leadership, with two exclusive afternoon sessions:
- Special sessions and events including the annual Awards Luncheon, a facilitated collaborative networking session sponsored by IFF and a live nonprofit pitch session sponsored by Urban Partnership Bank.
- Breakout sessions focused on accountability and integrity; resource generation; leadership and impact; and communicating your story. Read full breakout session descriptions online
- Expert speakers from across the nonprofit sector. Read speaker bios.
Check out an overview of this year's programs.
What Past Attendees Say About Symposium
"I enjoyed the diversity of voices represented. All brought a carefully crafted and unique perspective to the platform. I was able to glean something from each that will impact my work in the upcoming year."
"So many wonderful, socially-driven people in one place!"
"I’ve been challenged to think more openly about possibilities in our sector."
"Very professional, very practical."
"A great platform to start having the tough conversations about topics like diversity, board governance and turnover."
Looking for businesses and service providers who can support your nonprofit's work? Look no further than the Symposium Resource Center!
Thanks to our Premier Exhibitors: Design Big Dreams and Porte Brown
Additional Exhibitors: Nonprofit Insurance FORUM sponsored by Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.; Bea & VandenBerk Attorneys at Law; Blackbaud; Careers In Nonprofits; Centron Data Services, Inc.; Chicago Community Loan Fund; CLGraphics; Cornerstone OnDemand; Covenant Trust Company; DonorPerfect Fundraising Software; Donors Forum, Executive Services Corps of Chicago; Fifth Third Bank; First Nonprofit Group; Halogen Software; IFF; MB Financial Bank; North Park University's School of Business and Nonprofit Management; North Park University's Bookstore; Sector 3 Insurance Services; SmithAmundsen; The Alford Group; The Law Project; and Urban Partnership Bank.
Download complete exhibitor listings to learn more about these vendors.
Become a Symposium Sponsor or Exhibitor
Sponsorship opportunities and exhibitor tables in our Resource Center are available! Learn more.
Premier Event Sponsors
About the Annual Symposium
- The largest general nonprofit management conference in the Midwest
- 235 organizations represented at the 2014 Symposium
- Features a growing Resource Center, centrally located at the event (sold out for seven consecutive years)
- Two nonprofit management awards—the Alford-Axelson Award for Nonprofit Managerial Excellence and the Excellent Emerging Organization Award—presented annually at the Symposium.
- Notable past keynotes include Peter Buffett (NoVo Foundation), Aaron Hurst (Taproot Foundation), Jonny Imerman (Imerman Angels), Diana Aviv (Independent Sector), Peter Brinckerhoff (Corporative Alternatives, Inc.), and Dennis J. Hastert (former Speaker of the House).