To Post A Position
Send a job description via email to the Center for Youth Ministry Studies with the following information:
- Name and address of ministry
- Contact person
- Contact phone and email address
- Job description
CYMS will upload the information to the job board within a week of receiving content.
Current Job Postings
TreeHouse - Minneapolis and St. Paul Suburbs, Minnesota
Primary Objective of Position:
Providing leadership in managing a team of TreeHouse staff and volunteers, ensuring excellence in youth programming that serves teens and families, while developing community partnerships and resources to sustain and grow the mission.
Click here to see more
How to Apply:
Contact person: Marcia E. Murray, Phone: 952.238.1010, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 7/28/2016 10:26:00 AM
Worship Music Director - Part Time
Reba Place Church - Evanston, Illinois
Reba Place Church is a unique, intentional community-oriented Anabaptist congregation (Mennonite Church USA) in Evanston, IL. In consultation with the pastor and the Leadership Team, the Worship Music Director leads the ministry of music throughout the life of the church. This includes leading a team of skilled volunteers in rehearsals, at Sunday services, and at special services during busy liturgical seasons; developing and encouraging the congregation’s musical gifts; and appreciating and playing songs from a wide range of musical styles, including Reba’s traditional folk/gospel repertoire.
- 1.5 hours/week Staff Meeting: Meeting with other RPC leadership for check-in time, prayer, and discussion of issues within the life of the church, especially as it relates to Worship & Music 2 hours/week Worship Planning: Choosing music; Organizing and contacting volunteer musicians
- 2 hours/week Saturday Rehearsal: Practicing & interacting about the worship set for Sunday with volunteers
- 3 hours/week Sunday Rehearsal and Service: Practicing the worship set for the morning with volunteers
- 1 hour/week Music Library: Looking for and charting new songs; Developing new songs from within the RPC congregation; keeping the music closet and files organized
- Miscellaneous Hours: Leading music during special services, including but not limited to those within the busy liturgical seasons (Lent, Easter, Christmas, funerals, weddings, etc.); Leading seasonal church choir; Solving piano/music gear issues; Administering music budget; Personal music practice
Total Hours/Week: 12–15
Hours, compensation and benefits include: Part time, 12–15 hours/week, salary pay based on experience
Other matters are in accordance with RPC Personnel Policies (which are still in formation, but will probably include 2 weeks paid vacation, and some sick days). There are no health care benefits offered with this position.
- Active Christian faith and demonstrable participation in a local Christian congregation
- Appropriate musical education/training and/or professional experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the theology and practice of worship
- Willingness to act in a role of spiritual leadership and participate in the Reba Place Church community
- Understanding of or background in Mennonite/Anabaptist culture
- Appreciation of/ability to play and lead a variety of music styles including contemporary gospel, Contemporary Christian music, indigenous RPC folk traditions, hymns, and multi-language worship songs, etc.
- Personable and friendly manner; exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people of all ages and musical abilities
Based on experience
How to Apply:
Request more info about RPC and send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Start Date: Ideally, during May 2016. Some room to negotiate a later start date.
Request more info about RPC and send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 3/16/2016 1:43:00 PM
Associate Director of Youth Ministries - Part Time
Kenilworth Union Church - Kenilworth, Illinois
This part-time position runs throughout the academic year, with limited opportunity for compensated summer work.
Candidate must be 21.
The overall objective is to present and show by example the gospel of Jesus Christ to youth and to encourage them in their spiritual growth through the ministry of Kenilworth Union Church.
• Assist the Youth Director and Associate Minister in planning and executing youth ministry programs. These may include Bible studies, youth groups, special events, retreats, confirmation classes, service projects, and travel ministries.
• Assist the Youth Director in maintaining a ministry presence in social media outlets.
• Lead youth meetings when the Youth Director is unavailable.
• Co-lead or lead urban outreach/service projects.
• Co-lead/chaperone special events (eg paintball, lasertag, etc).
• Be a male leader for retreats and mission trips in which boys participate.
• Develop relationships with youth, parents and volunteer staff through individual and group contact, mail, e-mail, phone, text, social media, and in the community.
• Meet as required with the Youth Director and Pastoral Staff for prayer, planning, communication and evaluation.
Part-time (approx. 8-12 hours per week plus occasional travel), including Sunday mornings (9:00 –11:30 am) and Wednesday evenings (4:45–8:15 pm negotiable start time, if needed), some Sunday evenings (approx. twice per month 6:30–8:30 pm) and other days or evenings during a 40-week academic year.
A reduced schedule for part-time hourly work in the summer is negotiable. There will be times during the year in which the employee can have vacation and most of these times will correspond to local school vacation schedules. The employee will be expected to co-lead a mission trip scheduled for June 4–12, 2016.
Any dates the employee will be unavailable that are not in line with the local school calendar should be reported to the Youth Director at the beginning of the fall period and will be reviewed again at the beginning of January.
• Experience and growth in personal Christian faith, the body of Christ (church), and God’s work in the world (Kenilworth Union Church is a mainline Protestant Church founded on the principal of freedom of thought. Questioning and doubting are accepted and encouraged as part of every faith journey.)
• Ability to work effectively with youth, exhibiting creativity, understanding, and patience.
• Ability to articulate personal faith.
• Applicants should be males with youth work experience over the age of 21. Youth work can include tutoring, summer camp, coaching.
$750/mo. salary through the end of the program year plus all expenses for work-related domestic and international travel except cost of obtaining and maintaining a valid ID for travel purposes.
How to Apply:
Posted 3/16/2016 1:30:00 PM
Shelterwood Academy - Independence, Missouri
We are taking applications and interviewing NOW for openings for both men and women for May 23 and August 15 start dates. We are asking for a one-year commitment to live and work at our Independence, Missouri facility. The position pays $1,000 a month stipend, along with free room and board and insurance benefits.
The link to apply is: http://shelterwood.org/housing-staff. Scroll to the bottom part of the page and click on the red box on the left which says Become a Mentor. On parent portal, go to the right side and create an account. Submit. Click the words Discipleship Application. On application page, go through each page and fill out the information and then at the bottom of the page click save and continue. On the last page type your initials and then click submit.
More information on the mentoring program.
For graduating students and alumni
$1,000 a month stipend, along with free room and board and insurance benefits
How to Apply:
Posted 3/16/2016 1:25:00 PM
Summer Staff — Activities, Facility, Counselor, or Leadership crews
Covenant Cedars Bible Camp - Hordville, Nebraska
Covenant Cedars Bible Camp exists to provide a Christian camping environment in which those who are not yet believers will be introduced to Jesus Christ and those who are believers will be encouraged to grow in their relationship with Him. CCBC is looking for individuals who do not want to settle for a regular summer job, but are seeking a meaningful, ministry opportunity. Summer staff opportunities sow leadership skills that can grow in you through hard work, study of God's Word, and selfless service towards our guests, campers, and each other. At Covenant Cedars you will experience being out in God's creation every day, building camaraderie and friendships, and having fun! Step out of your comfort zone and into service at camp by applying today for a Summer Staff position on either the Activities, Facility, Counselor or Leadership crews!
How to Apply:
Nate Opfer, Operations Manager, Phone: 402-757-3241, Email: email@example.com
Posted 2/22/2016 10:26:00 AM
Youth OutReach Specialist
Heart Haven Outreach - Bolingbrook, Illinois
Please see H2O brochure or website for complete descriptions of programs.
Mission Statement: To build irrationally loving relationships with at-risk teens and empower them through holistic teaching, mentoring, and support and, thereby, draw them to the hope of Christ, leading to life transformation.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (in Youth Ministry preferred)
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a personal faith that is compatible with H2O’s Statement of Faith (see application)
- Have deep love and patience for hurting and troubled teens and their families
- Be able to initiate relationships and connect positively with youth
- Be sensitive to people’s feelings and capable of emotional depth
- Believe that God loves everyone unconditionally and that everyone is capable of success
- Be willing to be patient and flexible with the inevitable changes and struggles a young ministry goes through
- Be excited to work hard, pray hard, and see lives changed
- Manage a “careload” of approximately 20 students of your gender with whom you meet regularly, one-on-one
- Assist with transportation of youth to and from H2O activities
- Assess the needs of youth and build relationships with them, both during H2O activities and in other settings
- Get to know the parents and families of youth, referring them to appropriate resources as necessary
- Manage crowds and set boundaries for participants, using disciplinary action as necessary
- Plan curriculum for and lead programs, activities, and trips
- Network with other local youth workers, including school and community personnel
- Assist with fundraisers as assigned
Starting at $30,000 with medical and dental insurance following the satisfactory completion of a 90 day probationary period
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and your resume to Ryan Lawrence, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 2/22/2016 10:21:00 AM
Escalon Covenant Church - Central Valley, California
The Youth Pastor is called to provide leadership over our Junior High and High School student ministries. His / her primary focus will be on leading volunteers, teaching students and being involved in their everyday life. We desire a Youth Pastor who is willing to proactively plug into the lives of our youth and thereby be a godly mentor figure.
- Build a lay leadership, foster team unity, and empower leaders to use their spiritual gifts.
- Oversee paid interns and high capacity leaders.
- Provide a vision addressing transitions between age groups and programs to create continuity for student ministries.
- Collaborate and work with children’s ministry to ensure ministry crossover.
- Regularly meet with and help equip families and parents.
Teaching and Leading
- Learn, lead, and implement the Orange Material for our weekday Middle School and High School ministries
- Compliment our current curriculum with other Bible-based, Jesus-focused material.
- Lead discipleship groups for students desiring to grow deeper in their faith and take on more leadership in the church.
- Oversee and manage the Youth Ministry budget.
- Occasionally teach a class or preach on Sunday mornings.
Special Events and Outreach
- Develop an atmosphere that expresses God’s heart to our local school campuses and the greater community.
- Coordinate outreach events, camps, and special activities for student ministries.
- Develop a 6-12 month ministry calendar for distribution.
Secondary responsibilities are to be done as time allows. In addition what is listed below, a portion of the Youth Pastor’s hours may be given to responsibilities outside this job description that are in line with his/her skills and gifting.
Behind the Scenes
- Find creative ways to help integrate the youth into the larger body of ECC.
- Attend monthly Leadership Team meetings and weekly staff meetings.
- Lead at least one volunteer training event per year.
- Communicate and work with the Administrative Pastor, office staff, AWANA Director, Children’s Director, and Lead Pastor to help integrate our Youth Ministry with other ECC ministries.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and a strong personal faith.
- Be a champion of our denomination, the Evangelical Covenant Church.
- Have a broad understanding and sympathetic appreciation of the various faith traditions within Christianity and the various ways Christians worship.
- Live a life of integrity and Christ-likeness. The Youth Pastor should model the kind of attitudes, feelings, values and dedication that they seek to develop in our students.
- Express a genuine love for all people in the congregation regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, or socioeconomic status.
- Needs be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects
- Needs to understand and communicate well with youth
- Needs to be able to effectively teach
- Needs to be a team player
- Ability to lead youth worship is a plus PASSIONS
- A deep faith in Christ
- A commitment to the church
- Youth and families
- Reaching spiritually lost people
- Nurturing believers
- Commitment to excellence
- Heart for both local and global missions
Bachelor’s Degree, 3-5 years of Youth Ministry experience
Commensurate with experience, includes health benefits package
How to Apply:
Send resumes to email@example.com
Posted 2/22/2016 10:11:00 AM
Elementary Sunday Morning Lead Teacher
Park Community Church -
Elementary Sunday morning lead teacher Park Community Church/Forest Glen Campus 4920 W. Foster Ave. (Foster and Elston) Teach and implement the Gospel Project curriculum to children in 3rd-5th grade for our 9am and 11am Sunday services. We have a well established church with over 50 Preschool children attending every Sunday. You will be supported by our wonderful parent volunteers. Amazing ministry opportunity! Gain valuable experience while impacting kids for Christ.
How to Apply:
Contact Julie Shaffer, firstname.lastname@example.org 312-339-1790 http://www.parkcommunitychurch.org/
Posted 1/5/2016 1:20:00 PM
Development & Communications Director
Legacy Living Ministries - Minneapolis, MN
Development & Communications Director, 20 hours per week. The purpose of this position is to support and collaborate with the Executive Director in implementing key ministry initiatives in fundraising, resource development and communication to enhance the impact, growth and sustainability of Legacy Living Ministries (LLM). •
Part-time position (20 hours per week; 960 hours per year). This part-time employee will report to the Executive Director. Major Responsibilities: • Determine and establish the current ministry strategies and initiatives with the Executive Director. • Increase the donor development and financial resources for LLM through individual meetings, home fundraisers and large donor events. • Collaborate with the Executive Director to manage and increase the verbal and written communication to all ministry partners, conference attendees and ministry team members consistent with current ministry initiatives. • Manage and enhance the ministry’s social media, online and written resources offered to women of all ages. • Available for travel 4-5 times a year to attend fundraisers, ministry conferences and trainings. Skills/Qualifications: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work in partnership, strong collaborative skills, confident and capable in networking and fundraising, knowledgeable in spiritual formation and proficient in using Mac computers and programs. Requirements: We are looking for a ministry professional who is excited about this role and whose call matches the vision and mission of Legacy Living Ministries. This person should be able to articulate why this role is a good fit for their gifts and experiences. This person's life must demonstrate a commitment to the following values: • Committed to your relationship with God and desire to apply His Word to your life. • Passionate about living out the calling God has on your life. • Possesses a high capacity to serve Legacy Living Ministries. • Enjoys pursuing personal and spiritual health and well being. • Responsible and capable of working from home. • Accepting of all cultures and experienced with building relationships with people from various backgrounds. • Desires to share and live out the mission of Legacy Living Ministries: Training women of all ages how to engage in an active love relationship with God, apply His Word to their lives and disciple like Jesus. • Willing to make a minimum 2-year commitment to Legacy Living Ministries. Self Development: The following plan is to support the health, personal and spiritual development of the Development & Communications Director. This person is to be a maturing disciple of Christ who intentionally pursues personal and professional development. The following practices are indicative of this intentionality: • Take one day a month for an extended time with the Lord. • Set rhythms in place for regular exercise. • Meet with one seasoned ministry or business professional a month to foster intergenerational mentoring relationships. • Attend a ½ day solitude retreat twice a year. • Find a younger ministry or business professional that you can intentionally invest in. • Spend one weekend away with the Executive Director to foster team development. The LLM office is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, but applicants living outside the Minneapolis area who are interested in working remotely will be considered.
2-4 years of fundraising experience. Purpose: Support and collaborate with the Executive Director in implementing key ministry initiatives in fundraising, resource development and communication to enhance the impact, growth and sustainability of Legacy Living Ministries (LLM).
How to Apply:
Tommy Lee, email@example.com, Board Member
: Tommy Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org, Board Member
Posted 12/16/2015 2:01:00 PM
Berry United Methodist Church - Chicago, IL
Summary: The Children’s Minister will provide dynamic leadership and oversight of the ministry to parents and children of Berry UMC through implementation of Godly Play curriculum; equipping the church to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Pastor Directly Supervises Nursery Attendant(s) Full/Part Time: Part Time (Required to work Sunday mornings and Saturdays and evenings) FLSA Non-exempt Compensation $15/hr Vacation Eligible for vacation after 6 months; inquire for details
Job Summary The Children’s Minister will provide dynamic leadership and oversight of the ministry to parents and children of Berry UMC through implementation of Godly Play curriculum; equipping the church to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
Teach Sunday school using Godly Play curriculum.
Listen to the changing needs of parents and children, evaluate current children’s ministries program, and develop an action plan based on identified needs.
Develop and maintain a communication system among parents and children
Continually develop a network of volunteers who can teach, mentor, and creatively work with children.
Expand the children’s Sunday school program and children’s ministries through community outreach
Coordinate, facilitate, and/or participate in educational, spiritual and fun activities and events for parents and children.
Promote the development of intergenerational worship/alternative ways of worship that are inclusive
Participate in church staff meetings; Leadership Council Meetings (as needed); and Worship Team meetings.
Network in the community and with other churches to develop and share events and resources.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Certification in Godly Play is preferred or willingness to become certified.
Experience with young children
How to Apply:
Send the following documents: • Resume • Cover letter or personal statement • Three References To Office@BerryUMC.org Or Mail: 4754 N Leavitt Chicago Il 60625 Phone Inquiries: 773-784-3273
Nov 30 2015
Rev Rachel Birkhahn-Rommelfanger (Pastor) or Adrienne Trevathan (Administrator) 773-784-3273
Posted 11/9/2015 10:30:00 AM
Director of High School Ministry
First Presbyterian Church of Wheaton - Wheaton, IL
First Presbyterian Church of Wheaton is seeking a full time Director of High School Ministry with a passion for leading young people in their Christian faith.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and the ability to connect and communicate effectively with youth, parents and church staff. He/She must demonstrate experience in planning, developing and managing a budget, teaching, and implementing all aspects of a balanced Youth Ministry; including recruiting, nurturing and managing volunteers.
See website for complete job description.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required and prior experience in a church setting or educational environment, and familiarity with the Presbyterian tradition is preferred.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, which includes a brief statement of faith, and resume by email to Jan Buscher, Church Administrator. email@example.com
Jan Buscher, Church Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 10/22/2015 12:57:00 PM
Leadertreks Full-Time Summit Staff
Leadertreks - Carol Stream, IL
LeaderTreks Full-Time Summit Staff LeaderTreks: LeaderTreks is a student leadership development ministry using trips, innovative training, and curriculum to help students identify and develop their personal leadership skills. LeaderTreks is calling the church to make leadership development a core focus of youth ministry. To develop students as leaders, we put them in the classroom of missions trips, wilderness trips, and leadership training events and have them make decisions and live with the consequences of those decisions. Our mission is to serve youth workers and help raise up the next generation of church and world leaders.
Job Title: Summit Staff Member
Job Description: Working at LeaderTreks is more than a job; we want to develop you as a ministry leader, someone who is equipped to face both present and future challenges. A dedicated group of people will help you clarify your calling and teach you practical leadership skills so that you are ready to lead others in the adventure of following Jesus. You will apply these skills and gain valuable experience as you lead and facilitate mission and wilderness trips and leadership training events.
Program Breakdown: Summit team members will: Participate in the Summit program for two years Go through 16 weeks of intensive leadership training on leadership gifting, transformational teaching, and trip leading Lead 12-15 weeks of mission or wilderness trips for middle and high school students throughout the year Facilitate 4-6 retreat-style Leadership Training Events for youth groups and Christian schools each year
Job Responsibilities: Team members must be able to: Build meaningful relationships with students and youth workers that foster discipleship and spiritual development Manage trip logistics, such as the purchase of food, the planning of work projects, or wilderness preparations Facilitate nightly small group discussions, including team evaluation and Bible Study Connect leadership principles to students’ experiences in the wilderness or the mission field Develop and coach college-aged interns assigned to you each summer Location: Our office is located outside of Chicago in Carol Stream, IL. Trips and training events take place across the United States and Latin America.
How to Apply:
Dusten Bybee 877-502-0699 Jobs@leadertreks.com
Posted 10/2/2015 1:35:00 PM
Leadertrek Impact Internship
Leadertreak - Carol Stream, IL
LeaderTreks Impact Internship LeaderTreks:
LeaderTreks is a student leadership development ministry using trips, innovative training, and curriculum to help students identify and develop their personal leadership skills. LeaderTreks is calling the church to make leadership development a core focus of youth ministry. To develop students as leaders, we put them in the classroom of missions trips, wilderness trips, and leadership training events and have them make decisions and live with the consequences of those decisions. Our mission is to serve youth workers and help raise up the next generation of church and world leaders.
Job Title: Impact Team Member Job Description: The Impact team at LeaderTreks is more than an internship; it’s an opportunity to do meaningful work in an environment that will challenge, train, and grow you. We will help you grow in your understanding of yourself, your relationship with Jesus, and your leadership. You will also be an integral part of the LeaderTreks ministry; we’re counting on you to change students’ lives. For ten weeks of the summer Impact team members join full-time LeaderTreks trip leaders in developing middle and high school students as disciples and leaders on both missions and wilderness trips.
Job Responsibilities: Impact team members will: participate in a weeklong training trip at the beginning of the summer build meaningful relationships with students foster an environment of challenge use teachable moments to instruct students in applicable leadership principles model for students what it looks like to daily follow Jesus assist their full-time trip leader with trip logistics, such as the purchase or food or work project management commit to daily evaluation and personal goal setting celebrate and debrief with other Impact team members on a weekend houseboat adventure in Lake Cumberland, Kentucky Location: Our office is located outside of Chicago in Carol Stream, IL. Trips and training events take place across the United States and Latin America.
How to Apply:
Contact Dusten Bybee
Dusten Bybee 877-502-0699 Jobs@leadertreks.com
Posted 10/2/2015 1:31:00 PM
Mission Covenant Church - Poplar, WI
Mission Covenant Church (MCC) in Poplar, Wisconsin is seeking a full time Youth Pastor. This position is responsible for the organization and coordination of our youth ministries grades 6 through 12. A person in this position is required to provide leadership and oversight of the entire youth ministry program. This pastor will be working with and directing other adult youth ministry volunteers as together we provide our students with a quality ministry experience that is Christ centered and biblical while being impactful, dynamic, fun and life changing. He/she will report directly to the Lead Pastor and Elder Board.
Time Commitment: Full Time
- Calling: Is a Christian with a love and passion for young people and has a strong desire to evangelize and disciple.
- Spiritual Maturity: Demonstrates a growing relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ that bears the fruit of the Holy Spirit in daily living.
- Servanthood: Demonstrates a heart for others and is willing to view all tasks, great or small, as an essential part of serving.
- Leadership: Provides spiritual leadership, development, and accountability to youth. Is willing and able to delegate responsibility as needed. Has a willingness to recruit others and lead. Is a lifelong learner in ministry and leadership.
- Communication: Provides engaging and dynamic weekly biblical lessons to students.
- Loyalty: Has a genuine spirit of personal loyalty arising out of respect, shared philosophy and ministry companionship with the Lead Pastor and other pastoral staff.
- Confidentiality: Understands it is imperative to deal in the strictest of confidence with intimate knowledge regarding people and ministry issues.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively relates to and communicates with others in a gracious, wholesome and persuasive manner. Provides counsel and care to students and families.
- Organizational Skills: Has administrative skills, attention to detail, and the ability to organize while working independently.
- Comfortable in a Rural Setting: Has the ability to minister to people in a rural setting.
- Commitment to Excellence: Is committed to biblical excellence in work, relationships, and spiritual growth.
Specific Job Responsibilities: To successfully fulfill this position an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform the duties below:
- Develop and direct the activities of the youth ministry for middle school and senior high youth which will include, but is not limited to: Regular youth ministry meetings, with biblical teaching, small groups and worship. Create a culturally relevant and engaging atmosphere that will attract students, with a goal of helping them grow into deeply committed followers of Christ and equipping them to discover and grow in their gifts to serve others.
- Maintain and live a missional approach to youth ministry by planning and facilitating outreach events and opportunities. Recruiting and training adult leaders. Recruiting and training student leaders. Offering retreats, conferences, camps and mission trips for the youth.
- Develop and oversee the budget for youth ministry.
- Execute church policy within the youth ministry, specifically as it relates to child protection and transportation.
- Serve as the pastoral staff liaison to Children’s Ministry, as well as any committees dealing with youth.
- Participate in other pastoral assignments as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Attend weekly pastoral staff meetings and scheduled Elders Meetings.
- Must be a whole-hearted Christian whose life is being conformed to the likeness of Christ, with a commitment to the authority of the Bible, and showing evidence of being called to Youth Ministry.
- Must be in agreement with the “Statement of Faith” of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
- Must be in agreement with Mission Covenant Church’s and our Lead Pastor’s, “Philosophy of Ministry.”
- Has a significant understanding of God’s Word.
- Has a passion to see the lives of students transformed and provides opportunities for them to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, and be discipled to become fully devoted followers of Him.
- Has the ability to lead and teach in groups of all sizes.
- Technology: It is desirable to be proficient with Microsoft Office, experience with social media (i.e., Facebook, Twitter), experience with PC and/or Mac media software.
- Is open to a long-term commitment to Mission Covenant Church’s Ministry.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in youth ministry or related field is desired.
- Previous youth ministry experience preferred.
Full time salary and benefits will be determined by a candidate’s qualification and experience
How to Apply:
Send resume by September 15, 2015 along with a one page cover letter telling us why you think you should be considered for this position. Email applications are acceptable.
Posted 7/24/2015 2:52:00 PM
Sheltwerwood Academy - Independence, MO
I wanted to share our current staffing needs at Shelterwood. We need to hire 1-2 men to start with us later this month to early July, and then six more men in August. We need to hire two females in August.
As a reminder, the position involves spending a year living and working with struggling teens. We are located on 200 acres of land near Independence, Missouri, and have 60-65 teens from across the country. The position pays $1,000 a month, plus free room and board and insurance benefits. Staff need to be at least 21 years of age with a college degree preferred. It’s an incredible GAP Year experience.
For folks interested, here is how to apply:
The link to apply is: http://shelterwood.org/housing-staff. Click on this link. Scroll to the bottom part of the page and click on the red box on the left which says Become a Mentor. On Parent Portal. Go to the right side and create an account. Submit.
Click the words Discipleship Application.
On application page. Go through each page and fill out the information and then at the bottom of the page click save and continue.
On the last page type your initials and then click submit.
If the Lord puts any men or women on your heart, please share this with them. They can reach me with questions at email@example.com or 816-812-2464.
$1000/month plus housing and insurance benefits
How to Apply:
View link in the description and instructions
Posted 6/11/2015 3:10:00 PM
Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries
Highland Covenant Church - Bellevue Washington
Job opening Highland Covenant Church - a thriving member of the Evangelical Covenant Church in Bellevue Washington - is seeking a part-time Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries. The position is 20-25 hours per week and begins in the summer or fall of 2015 depending on the availability of the candidate. Qualified applicants will have relevant experience and/or a college or seminary degree. Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15. Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry Position Description: The Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry will oversee and guide Highland’s ministry and outreach with young people, 6th grade through one year beyond high school, in partnership with parents, the Youth Leadership Team, and the congregation. This position is for 20-25 hours per week. Supervision: The Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry will report directly to the Senior Pastor. Expectations • A passion for God and a commitment to Christian faith and practice. • A high view of the Bible as the Word of God. • A love for youth and their families. • Active participation in and support of the life and ministry of Highland Covenant Church. • Support of and submission to the Senior Pastor and Council leadership of Highland Covenant Church. • General agreement with the theology, mission, and ethos of the Evangelical Covenant Church. • Relevant experience and/or an applicable college or seminary degree. Responsibilities • Develop and maintain a ministry plan consistent with the church’s vision for youth and family ministry. • Care for both youth and their families. • Make connections between parents, the congregation, and youth. • Help shape the weekly ministry programs for youth. • Support leaders and volunteers. • Effectively communicate ministry programs and activities. The job description may also be found at www.highlandcovenant.com.
Relevant experience and/or an applicable college or seminary degree.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Posted 4/9/2015 3:56:00 PM
Youth Outreach Associate
Treehouse - Minneapolis
Does your heart break for at-risk teens? TreeHouse is a Christian outreach ministry that offers hope, guidance, and unconditional love to teens—and it may be just the place for you!
TreeHouse is a relational-focused ministry touching the lives of at-risk youth and their families through Support Groups, Going Deeper (a youth group style program), Bible Studies, one-to-one mentoring, adventure trips and activities. We're looking for individuals with a desire to engage in the lives of youth and challenge hearts to join our ever-growing team!
Primary Objective of Position: To participate in delivering youth program services and maintain ongoing relationship-focused mentoring with TreeHouse youth. A Youth Outreach Associate:
• Assists Area Director by participating in planning and organizing program and project activities; help set goals for ministry which includes trips, activities, weekly meetings, youth recruiting, and Program content.
• Carries out assigned responsibilities in such Program areas as Support Group, Going Deeper, growth groups, trips, activities, workdays and one-to-one times with youth.
• Maintains and follows up with assigned careload of program participants.
• Performs public relations duties by serving as TreeHouse's representative to community agencies; maintains liaison with courts, probation officers, etc.
• Raises funds for TreeHouse through personal network (training provided).
• Lives life and shares faith with students. Is eager to represent and present the gospel to others.
• Must love kids and care deeply about restoring hope to families • Bachelor's degree, preferably in ministry, social work, psychology, education, or a related field • Significant experience working with youth, whether in a volunteer or employment capacity • Must demonstrate depth of knowledge of biblical studies and a mature faith in Jesus Christ which is compatible with the TreeHouse statement of faith and philosophy of ministry
How to Apply:
Suburbs Interested candidates should go to www.treehouseyouth.org (Get Involved, Careers drop down menu) and complete application and submit along with their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email and share your calling to ministry in the letter.
Contact: Marcia E. Murray, Administrative Coord (email@example.com)
Posted 6/27/2014 12:43:00 PM