The department of Latin-American Studies and Initiatives (LATAMIN), as part of the Collaboratory for Urban and Intercultural Learning at North Park University, promotes the richness of the Latino peoples and culture. Our programming offers real social and educational engagement with the many facets of Latino life in the United States and all over the globe.
Our values and aspirations are to:
- Educate others on Latino cultures
- Support Latino students on their college path to success
- Reduce prejudices and promote understanding and camaraderie between Latinos and the campus community
- Grow spiritually as we share our common ground in Christ
- Uphold Latino values in Latino and Non-Latino Societies
The LATAMIN department accomplishes these goals by bringing performers, artists, and exhibitions to campus that demonstrate the richness and variety of U.S./Latina/o culture. We also do this through curriculum development and by sponsoring lectures, colloquia, and conferences on special topics in Latino Studies.
For more information, please contact Dr. Lorenzo Florian, Director of Latin American Initiatives by phone at (773) 244-5742, or by email.