Additional Transfer Student Registration Information
As a transfer student, we recognize that you may have completed core courses listed on the course registration form. Use your Evaluation of Transfer Credit and an academic planning guide for your major to assist you in making appropriate selections. If you do not have an Evaluation of Transfer Credit, please contact the Office of Student Enrichment Services and Support (OSESS) and we will send you a copy.
Understanding your Evaluation of Transfer Credit:
Your Evaluation of Transfer Credit is a two page document that indicates the academic credit accepted by North Park University.
This page provides an overall summary of transfer course work. On this page you will find:
- Total Accepted Credit Hours
- Admissions Grade Point Average (GPA). This GPA is used for entrance purposes only. Once a student starts at North Park the GPA resets to 0.00 and only the courses taken after enrolling will be calculated in the GPA.
- Evaluation Notes and Comments: Please read all notes and comments marked on the cover page. If your evaluation is marked as unofficial, you must have a final official transcript sent to North Park University. You will not receive credit until your evaluation has been fully evaluated and is marked official.
Please review the guide to understanding your cover page for additional help.
List of Courses Accepted
This is a breakdown of the courses North Park agrees to accept in transfer. On this page you will find:
General Education requirements
Your transfer coursework may meet some general education requirements. Completed General Education categories will have an "X" in the box to the left of the category on your evaluation.
When completing the course registration form please select “This requirement is met through transfer credit.” For all remaining general education categories, choose your top three course preferences.
Major and Elective Courses
- Major Courses: If you believe you have taken a course that will meet requirements for your major, you will need to complete a Transfer of Major Courses Form. This form will need to be signed off by the department in which you intend to study
- Elective Courses: Courses that do not fulfill a General Education and/or Major requirement will be considered an elective and apply towards the credit hours needed for graduation.
We have created a visual guide to help you understand this form.
If you have questions about your Evaluation of Transfer Credit please contact Student Administrative Services by email or by phone at (773) 244-5560.
Check out the transfer student section for transfer-specific information and tips that will smooth your transition to North Park.