Applicants the doctor of ministry (DMin) in urban ministry leadership program must meet the following requirements:
- Master's degrees: Students must have a master of divinity (MDiv), master of arts in theological studies (MATS) degree, or an equivalent (at least 60 semester hours/96 quarter hours) from an approved school, with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. For MDiv equivalency, please contact us at (773) 244-6229 or (800) 964-0101, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hold a ministerial leadership position, with a minimum of three years of ministerial leadership experience following the completion of your MDiv or MA degree, and continue in a leadership role throughout the DMin program. This program is designed for active ministry leaders to continue to learn and grow without having to leave their ministry context.
- Biblical language study in Greek or Hebrew is required, though this requirement may be met by additional courses taken during the DMin program.
- Evidence of academic writing proficiency, in accordance with details provided on the program application.
- International students, for whom English is not their primary language, must meet the University's English language proficiency requirement, submitting the appropriate test scores and documentation. Seminary students will also be required to take an exam administered by North Park to verify test results and assure that students can successfully complete course requirements.
How to Apply
The doctor of ministry in urban ministry leadership application is a PDF form that can be saved, filled in using Adobe Reader, and returned via email. You may also choose to print and mail your application to Seminary Admissions. Along with the application form, all applicants must submit:
- Religious autobiography as instructed on the application form
- Answers to additional applications questions, noted on the form
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended, including a transcript that shows an ATS-accredited master's degree that meets the requirement outlined above
- Three references (forms provided in application) from each of the following:
- Pastor or denominational leader
- Professional peer or supervisor in current ministry
- Professional peer or academic
Full details about each of these requirements are available on the application form.
- Fall 2013: Applications accepted
- February 10, 2014: Application deadline
- April 21: First class begins online
Tuition and Financial Aid
The tuition rate for this program for the 2013–2014 academic year is $390 per credit. Total tuition for the DMin degree is estimated at $20,350. In addition, students are responsible books and for travel, meals, and housing costs for the intensive week-long residency experiences.
We recognize that a quality education is a significant investment for you, and often for your church. Through our Church Matching Grant program, North Park will match your church’s gift toward funding your tuition for up to $500 for each DMin course. Learn more.
Students may also take advantage of North Park’s monthly payment plan to manage their cash flow. Contact Seminary Admissions for more details.