MACF and MNA Program Requirements
North Park Theological Seminary's master of arts in Christian formation/master of nonprofit administration dual degree is designed to equip men and women for positions related to Christian formation in congregations or business and nonprofit settings in an increasingly globalized world. It may lead to Ordination to Word and Service in the Evangelical Covenant Church or other denominations. View the full list of degree outcomes in the Seminary catalog.
This degree can be completed in three years, although students may choose to extend the program based on their family needs and community involvement.
Please note: 17 credit hours are required in residence at the main campus.
Bible, 12 credit hours
BIBL 5150 Interpreting the New Testament I
- BIBL 5151 Interpreting the New Testament II
- BIBL 6120 Interpreting the Old Testament I
- BIBL 6121 Interpreting the Old Testament II
History, 3 credit hours
HSTY 6210 Christian Tradition and MIssion
Theology, 3 credit hours
THEO 6330 Christian Theology
Spiritual Formation, 3 credit hours
The spiritual formation sequence seeks to integrate the ongoing spiritual and academic dimensions of the seminary experience in order to facilitate conscious growth in personal and corporate spiritual life.
- SPFM 5201 Spiritual Journey
- SPFM 5202 Spiritual Practices
- SPFM Elective
Foundations in Christian Ministry, 9 credit hours
CEDF 7200 Christian Education and Formation in the Church
- MNST 5108 Ministry Identity and Practice
- THEO 7203 Christian Worship
Christian Education and Formation and Ministry Electives, 6 credit hours
You must take a combination of Christian education and formation (CEDF) and ministry (MNST) courses, with at least one three-credit course from each field.
Nonprofit Administration, 26 credit hours
SBNM 5010 Organizational Behavior and Ethics
- SBNM 5011 Ethical Leadership
- SBNM 5030 Principles of Human Resources
- SBNM 5350 Nonprofit Financial Management
- SBNM 5351 Nonprofit Financial Decision Making
- SBNM 5680 Nonprofit Marketing Analysis and Consumer Behavior
- SBNM 5710 Principles of Nonprofit Management
- SBNM 5720 Nonprofit Board Governance and Volunteer Management
- SBNM 5730 Nonprofit Law, Policy and Government Relations
- SBNM 5770 Fundraising Principles for Nonprofit Organizations
- SBNM 5771 Annual and Major Gift Fundraising
- SBNM 5780 Measuring Outcomes and Assessment
- SBNM 5790 Nonprofit Strategic Management
Dual-Degree Integrative Courses, 4 credit hours
INTG 5010 The Life of the Leader: Making an Impact
- INTG 5020 Leading the Transformational Organization: Generating Mission Movements
General Electives, 3 credit hours
Students seeking ordination in the Evangelical Covenant Church should take HSTY 7300 History and Theology of the Covenant Church to fill this elective.
Field Education, 7 credits
You are required to complete 7 Field Education credits in addition to the 36 academic credit hours required for your degree:
The master of arts in Christian formation and master of business administration degree is awarded to students meeting the following requirements:
- Completion of a Bible exam and a psychological evaluation; successful completion of the End of Studies evaluation.
- The completion of 69 semester hours of academic course work, plus 7 field education credit hours.
- A grade point average of 2.5 must be maintained. No grade under C- shall be counted toward the degree.
- Exemplification of a quality of life and commitment suitable for ministry.
- No outstanding incomplete grades later than week seven of the term in which they plan to graduate.
- Complete payment of all accounts and fees to the Seminary.
- Completion of the degree within seven years from the time of matriculation.
More information on these requirements is available in the North Park Theological Seminary catalog.