MACM and MBA Program Requirements
North Park Theological Seminary's master of arts in Christian ministry/master of business administration dual degree is designed to enhance ministry in congregational or business or nonprofit settings with graduate theological training. A flexible degree option, it is expected that students are serving in a ministry or organization when they apply and throughout their degree program. Students completing this dual degree may qualify for Ordination to Word and Service in the Evangelical Covenant Church and other denominations. View the full list of degree outcomes in the Seminary catalog.
This degree can be completed in two years, although students may choose to extend the program and take advantage of distance learning course formats.
Please note: 13 credit hours are required in residence at the main campus.
Old Testament Bible, 3 credit hours
- BIBL 6120 Interpreting the Old Testament I
BIBL 6121 Interpreting the Old Testament II
New Testament Bible, 3 credit hours
BIBL 5150 Interpreting the New Testament I
- BIBL 5151 Interpreting the New Testament II
History, 3 credit hours
- HSTY 6210 Christian Tradition and MIssion
Theology, 6 credit hours
THEO 6330 Christian Theology
- THEO 7220 Christian Ethics
- For students with clear vocational reasons, substitutions may be permitted for this course from THEO 5175, THEO 6334, THEO 7190, or two two-credit hour ethics-focused SBNM courses.
Spiritual Formation, 3 credit hours
The spiritual formation sequence seeks to integrate the ongoing spiritual and academic dimensions of the seminary experience in order to facilitate conscious growth in personal and corporate spiritual life.
- SPFM 5201 Spiritual Journey
- SPFM 5202 Spiritual Practices
- SPFM 6304 Spiritual Direction and Solitude
Evangelism Area or Church and World Area, 3 credit hours
Choose one course from the following:
- BIBL 6290 Ethnic American Biblical Interpretation
- MNST 6152 Mission Strategy and Methodology
- MNST 5156 Mission and Ministry in Latin America
- MNST 5157 Mission and Ministry in Asia
- MNST 5158 Mission and Ministry in Africa
- MNST 5175 Global Partnership: Practicing Biblical Koinonia
- MNST 6127 Pastoral Care and Counseling in Urban Contexts
- MNST 6150 Pastoring the Missional Church
- MNST 6151 Cultural Dimensions of Mission
- MNST 6224 Pastoral Care and Community Justice
- MNST 6264 Communicating the Faith in the Contemporary World
- MNST 6266 Church Planting Ecclesiology
- MNST 6277 Religions and Cultures
- MNST 6401 Sankofa: Racial Righteousness and Reconciliation
- MNST 7140 God’s Global Vision: Biblical Foundations of Mission
- MNST 7306 Evangelism and Discipleship
- On occasion, a 7190 Topics course which is not offered on a regular basis will fulfill an area requirement
Ministry Elective, 3 credit hours
Business Administration, 26 credit hours
SBNM 5010 Organizational Behavior and Ethics
- SBNM 5011 Ethical Leadership
- SBNM 5110 Financial Accounting
- SBNM 5111 Managerial Accounting
- SBNM 5210 Macroeconomics
- SBNM 5211 Global Economics
- SBNM 5212 Microeconomics
- SBNM 5310 Managerial Finance
- SBNM 5311 Financial Decision Making
- SBNM 5411 Quantitative Decision Making
- SBNM 5610 Marketing Analysis and Consumer Behavior
- SBNM 5611 Advanced Marketing Management
- SBNM 5991 Ethical Strategic Management
Dual Degree Integrative Courses, 4 credit hours
INTG 5010 The Life of the Leader: Making an Impact
- INTG 5020 Leading the Transformational Organization: Generating Mission Movements
General Electives, 6 credit hours
Students seeking ordination in the Evangelical Covenant Church should take HSTY 7300 History and Theology of the Covenant Church to fill three credit hours of this elective.
Field Education, 3 credits
You are required to complete 3 Field Education credits in addition to the 36 academic credit hours required for your degree:
The master of arts in Christian ministry is awarded to students meeting the following requirements:
- Completion of a Bible exam and a psychological evaluation; successful completion of the End of Studies evaluation.
- The completion of 60 semester hours of academic course work, plus 3 Field Education credit hours.
- A grade point average of 2.5 must be maintained. No grade under C- shall be counted toward the degree.
- Exemplification of a quality of life and commitment suitable for ministry.
- No outstanding incomplete grades later than seven of the term in which they plan to graduate.
- Complete payment of all accounts and fees to the Seminary.
- Completion of the degree within seven years from the time of matriculation.
More information on these requirements is available in the North Park Theological Seminary catalog.