MACM and MBA Program Requirements
North Park Theological Seminary's master of arts in Christian ministry/master of business administration dual degree is designed to enhance ministry in congregational or business or nonprofit settings with graduate theological training. A flexible degree option, it is expected that students are serving in a ministry or organization when they apply and throughout their degree program. View the full list of degree outcomes in the Seminary catalog.
This degree can be completed in two years, although students may choose to extend the program and take advantage of distance learning course formats.
Please note: 13 credit hours are required in residence at the main campus.
Bible, 6 credit hours
- Old Testament I: Pentateuch and Interpretation
New Testament I: The Texts and Their World
History, 3 credit hours
- Christian History I: The Early Church to the Early Reformation (1-16c)
Theology, 3 credit hours
Spiritual Formation, 3 credit hours
The spiritual formation sequence seeks to integrate the ongoing spiritual and academic dimensions of the seminary experience in order to facilitate conscious growth in personal and corporate spiritual life.
- Journey: The Story of Our Lives
- Intercultural Spirituality: The Road Together
Foundations for Ministry, 6 credit hours
- Ministry Identity and Practice
- Leading and Teaching in Ministry
Cultural Diversity Elective, 3 credit hours
General Electives, 6 credits
Business Administration, 26 credit hours
Organizational Behavior and Ethics
- Ethical Leadership
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Global Macroeconomics for Managers
- Microeconomics for Managers
- Managerial Finance
- Financial Decision Making
- Quantitative Decision Making
- Marketing Analysis and Consumer Behavior
- Multi-Sector Convergence and Social Responsibility
- Strategy for Competitive Advantage
- MBA Capstone
Dual Degree Integrative Courses, 4 credit hours
The Life of the Leader: Making an Impact
- Leading the Transformational Organization: Generating Mission Movements
Field Education, 3 credits
You are required to complete 3 Field Education credits in addition to the 60 academic credit hours required for your degree:
The master of arts in Christian ministry is awarded to students meeting the following requirements:
- Completion of a psychological evaluation; successful completion of the Mid-Program Review.
- The completion of 60 semester hours of academic course work, plus 3 Field Education credit hours.
- A grade point average of 2.5 must be maintained. No grade under C- shall be counted toward the degree.
- Exemplification of a quality of life and commitment suitable for ministry.
- No outstanding incomplete grades later than week seven of the term in which they plan to graduate.
- Complete payment of all accounts and fees to the Seminary.
- Completion of the degree within seven years from the time of matriculation.
More information on these requirements is available in the North Park Theological Seminary catalog.