North Park Theological Seminary offers 11 certificates in a variety of ministry areas. Most can be completed over the course of a few semesters. Individuals who complete NPTS certificates fall into a variety of categories including:
- Women and men serving in vocational ministry who desire to enhance their skills or knowledge
- Men and women desiring to gain more knowledge in general theology or a specific theological topic
- Individuals taking courses to fulfill Covenant credentialing requirements
- Students wishing to take courses at NPTS regional sites
Cohort Certificate Programs
The Seminary also offers two unique, cohort certificate programs, in Urban Ministry and Spiritual Direction. Each is designed to be completed over the course of two-and-a-half years. Specific application information can be found on these certificate description pages.
Prerequisite: The prerequisite for entrance to graduate studies at North Park Theological Seminary, in any degree or non-degree program, is a bachelor's degree (or its academic equivalent) from an accredited college or university, with a GPA of at least 2.5.
These PDFs can be completed using Adobe Reader and returned via email. You may also choose to print and mail your application to Seminary Admissions.
- Complete the appropriate application form and write an autobiographical essay as directed on the application form
- Send in your application and essay, along with a $25 non-refundable application fee
- Ask one individual to complete the pastoral reference and return it directly to the Seminary Admissions Office
- Request your official bachelor's degree transcripts, and transcripts from any other colleges and institutions you have have attended
- Complete a FAFSA if you wish to be considered for aid
- Consult our list of frequently asked questions for more information
- Applications are considered as they are received, and on a space-available basis after priority deadlines have passed. If space is unavailable, students will be considered for admittance for subsequent semesters.
- Please consult our application timeline for deadlines for both fall and spring applications, for classes to be taken on our main campus, online, and at our Conference-based sites in Atlanta, Seattle, and Santa Barbara, California.
Submit your application materials:
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail to:
Seminary Admission Office
North Park Theological Seminary
3225 W Foster Ave, Box 40
Chicago IL 60625-4895
Please contact Seminary Admissions via email or at (800) 964-0101 with any questions.