To take a course pass-fail, you will need to complete the Pass/Fail application and include your name, ID number, department, course number, section, title, and semester/quad. You must obtain the signature of your advisor and the instructor of the course. The application is due by the end of the fourth week of the class and should be returned to the Office of Student Administrative Services.
Guidelines for Pass-Fail:
- Courses taken Pass/Fail will not fulfill General Education requirements.
- You must have completed 30 semester-hours of course work.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above.
- You may take only one pass-fail course per semester.
- You may take up to 16 semester-hours of pass-fail during your undergraduate career.
- You cannot take courses on a pass-fail basis in your major field or supporting courses for the major.
- You may take only one course per discipline on a pass-fail basis.
- To receive a grade of "P," you need to earn a minimum grade of C. A grade of D or F will otherwise be recorded.