Information Technology | Facility Policies

Computer Accounts

You can change your password by going to the NPYou page on the website. From this page, you will be able to set up a password and will find out your username. You are required to have your Viking Card with you when using the lab, as you will need to present it to the Lab Manager if you are having problems accessing your account.

Food and Drink

No food or drink is allowed in the lab. If anyone has food it must be left outside the door to the lab. Accidents or spills could cause expensive damage.

Noise Level

We attempt to maintain an atmosphere conducive to studying. The lab must be kept quiet. It is not a place for socializing. If people are disruptive of others, the lab manager is authorized to ask them to leave or step out into the hallway.

Those playing computer games must keep the sound off!


Lab Patrons must adhere to the dress code established in the Student Handbook. Information Technology staff reserves the right to ask all patrons dressed in an inappropriate manner to leave the lab.


Smoking is not permitted in the Student Computer Lab, bathrooms or any campus building. Chewing tobacco is not permitted either.

Phone Usage

Cellular phones are not allowed to be used inside the lab. The lab manager is authorized to ask students to step outside if a cell phone must be used.


Users are only allowed to print a maximum of 10 copies at a time. Printing of church bulletins or other non-academic projects is not allowed and should be done outside of the computer lab or at a campus photocopying machine. The University's PaperCut printing policy limits students to 200 free copies per semester, beginning in the fall 2011 semester.

Lost and Found

Removable storage devices (flash/thumb drives, etc.) that is left in the machines are kept in the IT office at least until the end of that quad. 

We find removable storage devices, books, notes, glasses, keys, IDs, ... even clothes! If you think you left something in the computer lab, but it isn't there any longer, check with the Lab Manager.