Once you have been accepted for studies at North Park University, you will receive a welcome packet that includes information on applying for a visa:

Acceptance Letter

Your acceptance letter proves that you have been invited to complete a particular track of studies at North Park.

Information on the I-901 fee

The I-901 fee (also called the SEVIS fee) is paid to the U.S. Government before you apply for a visa to study in the United States. It is not your visa fee. Instead, it is a fee that helps pay for the automated system that keeps track of international students and exchange visitors in the U.S.

Form I-20

If you are studying English as a Second Language or applying to complete a degree program (bachelor's or master's) at North Park, you will probably receive a Form I-20. This form entitles you to apply for an F-1 visa. Please note that all undergraduate students will receive an I-20 form with a major of "liberal arts and sciences." You will be permitted to declare a major after your first semester at North Park, and we will update your I-20 at that time.

Form DS-2019

If you are an exchange student at North Park, or will be at North Park temporarily as a different type of exchange visitor, you will probably receive a Form DS-2019. This form entitles you to apply for a J-1 visa. Please note that ISEP Exchange students will receive a DS-2019 form directly from International Student Exchange Programs, not from North Park University.


Applying for an F-1 or J-1 Visa

When you have received your Welcome Packet from the North Park Admissions Office, you are ready to apply for your visa. The U.S. Government provides helpful information on the different types of student visas.

Information on applying for an F-1 visa

Information on applying for a J-1 visa

Please see the Maintaining Visa Status page for information on your responsibilities as an F-1 or J-1 student at North Park University

Students talk in the Viking Cafe.