Professional Development Workshops
Inspire. Educate. Connect.
You are unique, but you are not alone. When it comes to nonprofit organizations nothing is typical. Staff, missions, audiences, funding, and programs all vary significantly. Some aspects, however, bind us all together: the desire to serve, to create change, to make a real impact. Through the Axelson Center’s workshop series, we seek to provide the inspiration, the education, and the connections to valuable resources crucial to your success in the nonprofit sector.
The Axelson Center offers a new workshop-webinar series each fall and spring. Below is a listing of some of our most recent offerings. Please check back August 2014 for a complete listing of fall workshops and webinars.
Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to get news and updates about Axelson Center workshops and events. View the Spring 2014 workshop calendar here.
The 2013-2014 webinar series has ended. Archives are available for $25 per webinar. Contact us for purchase and access instructions.
What Your Development Director Wants You to Know
Instructor: Mary Morten, President, The Morten Group
Planning for Growth--on a Tight Budget
Instructor: Rob Acton, J.D., Executive Director, Taproot Foundation (NYC)
LinkedIn 101 for Nonprofits
Instructor: Bryan Breckenridge, Head of Nonprofit Solutions, LinkedIn
Please help me understand...my program budget
Instructor: Tim J. O’Brien, Ph.D., Principal, Mutuality Associates, LLC
All workshops take place on North Park University's campus, located near Foster and Kedzie Avenues in Chicago. Below are some past program topics you can look forward to later in the year.
- Understanding Your Insurance Needs
- Plan and Go!™ Strategic Planning Workshop
- Cost Allocation
- The "Game" of Project Management
- Women and Leadership in the Nonprofit Sector
- Budgeting Basics (webinar)
- Program Evaluation for Greater Impact
- Using Dashboards to Simplify Your Board Reports (webinar)
- Build a Better Board Meeting (webinar)
- Leading the Charge or Asleep at the Wheel? Practical Insights for Building Board Engagement
- Closing the Loop: Strategies for Assessing and Enhancing Board Effectiveness
- Talent Development and Employee Engagement
- Building an Engaged Volunteer Corps
- How to Manage HR Without an HR Department
- Effective Staff Supervision
- Creating a Volunteer Program from Scratch
- Social Media 101: Introduction to Tools and Best Practices
- Nonprofit Marketing: Driving Results Through Relationships
- Your Case for Support: Translating Your Strategic Plan into Donor Values
- How to Re-Think Social Media When There’s No Time to Think About Social Media
- Eliminate the Guesswork: Using Marketing Research to Catapult your Organization Forward
- How can I get my board excited about fundraising?
- Miracle Major Gifts
- Special Events that Generate and Invigorate
- Homerun Proposal Writing
Contact the Axelson Center via email or at (773) 244-5799.