Professional Development Workshops
The Axelson Center offers a series of workshops each fall and spring, providing you with an opportunity to connect with knowledgeable experts and networking with colleagues from across the sector. Whether you’re a program manager at an arts organization, a financial manager at a social services organization, an executive director at an education-based nonprofit, a fundraising director at a transportation advocacy organization, or you wear all of these hats on a daily basis, the Axelson Center’s workshops will re-energize you and prepare you to meet the nonprofit management challenges ahead of you.
The Spring 2015 workshop series concluded on April 22. The Fall 2015 series will be announced in late summer, and workshops will be held beginning in September. General information about workshop registration rates, payment options and our cancellation policy can be found below.
Be the first to know when workshop registration opens
Spring 2015 Workshops
Here's a look at what we offered this spring:
- There's No Place Like Home: Finding New Real Estate for Your Organization
- Creating Brand & Message Consistency From the Inside Out
- Stewardship Thinking: Ensuring the Future of Your Organization
- Planned Giving BootCamp
- Managing Across Generations: A Diversity Paradigm
- Metrics that Matter: Measuring, Monitoring and Benchmarking
- Mergers: Making Heads or Tails of What it Could Mean for Your Nonprofit
- Navigating Your Way Through Conflict
- Major Gifts: Your Road Map to Cultivate and Secure Larger Gifts
- Valuing the Knowledge of How Things Get Done
- Diversifying Your Funding Model
- Understanding Your Form 990
Locations, Fees, Discounts, Cancellation Policies
How to Register
To pay by check, please complete the registration form below. Day of registration is not permitted.
All workshops take place on North Park University's campus
, located near West Foster and North Kedzie avenues in Chicago.
The following fees apply for 2015 workshops unless otherwise stated:
- Half-Day Workshops: $90 (includes beverages and course materials)
20% Discount Available for in-person workshops
- Donors Forum associates (Individuals who are employed or volunteer with a tax exempt organization; independent consultants, consulting firms and grant making organizations are ineligible for this discount.)
- Individuals from tax exempt organizations with an annual operating budget less than $1 million
- Current undergrad and graduate students
- Individuals with 5 years or fewer of experience in the nonprofit sector
All workshop registration will be processed online through the Axelson Center's NeonCRM system. Payments will be processed through PayPal and appear on your statement as PAYPAL* NPU AXELSON or Paypal*NPU Axelson.
Registrations using check payments cannot be indicated online at this time. Please complete the Axelson Center's registration form (a fillable PDF) and return to the Axelson Center via mail or e-mail to register by check. Checks should be made payable to North Park University.
Cancellation Policy (last updated 7/31/14)
The Axelson Center reserves the right to cancel any workshop. Should the Axelson Center cancel, registrants will receive a full refund.
Registrants choosing to cancel their workshop registration will receive a refund minus a $15 administrative fee. Notice of cancellation must be received by the Axelson Center at least five working days prior to the workshop. We regret that no refunds can be made after that date under any circumstances. Registration payments may not be transferred to a different event.
Contact the Axelson Center via email or at (773) 244-5799.