Self Study Steering Committee
- Provide guidance to the self-study process in terms of planning, organization, and timetables.
- Plan the self-study, including the committee structure, its membership, the self-study timetable, campus wide meetings and the development of the self-study plan.
- Orient and educate both members of the various self-study committees and the campus community regarding the self-study process, particularly regarding the concept of institutional effectiveness.
- Inform all constituents of the progress of the self-study and coordinate communication among the committees.
- Monitor the entire self-study process including focus, research, clarification, drafting, and revision.
- Work with administration and other functioning areas on campus to schedule on-campus workshops and/or assemblies related to the self-study process.
- Provide general assistance to the sub-committee and all committees as well as the visit team.
- Develop a system for cataloging and storing evidence in order to build a resource room for NPU’s self-study committees and the Higher Learning Commission visiting team. The coordinator will be assisted by resource team members and other committee members to complete this project.
- Report any non-compliance issues to the provost and upper administration.
- Oversee the final phases of the self-study document, including a final draft review by the entire institution and printing arrangements.
- Serve as a primary liaison to the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and NPU to prepare, if needed, any follow-up concerns noted by the visiting team.
- Through the provost office, update upper administration and the board of trustees on a regular basis.
- Guide the executive committee towards producing an addendum to update the self-study report for the HLC visiting team.
Steering Committee Members
Criteria 1: Mission and Integrity and
Criteria 2: Preparing for the Future
- Chair: Rich Johnson, Director of University Ministries
- Carol Martin, Writing Center Coordinator
- Wanda Ward, Associate Professor of Education
- Kelly Potteiger, Clinical Coordinator, Assistant Professor of Athletic Training
- Mark Olson, Dean Enrollment, Director of Church Relations
- Les Carlstrom, Director of Finance
- Linda Cannell, Dean of Students Seminary
- Lee Sundholm, Professor of Economics
- Elizabeth Ritt, Dean and Professor, School of Adult Learning
Criteria 3: Student Learning and Effective Teaching and
Criteria 4: Acquisition, Discovery, and Application of Knowledge
- Chair: Laura Burt, Assistant Professor of Bibliography
- Co-Chair: Joe Jones, Provost
- Norma Sutton, Professor of Theological Bibliography
- David Koeller, Professor of History
- Ken Henrikson, Operation Manager
- Julie Westerman, SAL Advisor & Faculty Development Coordinator
- Joan Andrea, Associate Professor of Nursing
- Sonja Velasco, Instructional Design & Learner Support Specialist
- Chris Nicholson, Director of Admission for Graduate and Continuing Education
- Robert A. Stanley, Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research
Criterria 5: Engagement and Service
- Chair: Charles Peterson, Dean of College
- Co-Chair: Andrea Nevels Vice President for Student Development
- Bob Hirsch, Professor of Management
- Joyce Overton, Director of Corporate and Foundation Support
- Dan Tepke, Senior Vice President
- Jack Surridge, Director of Athletics
- Ginny Olson, Co-Director of the Center for Youth Ministry
- Tony Zamble, Outreach Ministry Coordinator