The purpose of the course is two-fold, (1) to help you to update an existing course that was developed by another instructor and (2) introduce you to best practices for teaching in an online classroom.
During this training, you will:
- Utilize Canvas, North Park’s course management system, to update and facilitate your academic course.
- Implement online teaching best practices into your upcoming courses by:
- Updating your course to meet instructional design best practices as outlined by Quality Matters
- Utilizing best practices for being actively involved in your online course
- Applying assessment strategies
- Updating your syllabus
6-week, instructor-led course with assistance from an assigned peer mentor to assist faculty in the design and development of hybrid/online courses using Quality Matters as design quality control. All hybrid and online courses at North Park University must be designed and developed through this course.
This course assist faculty in the design and development of hybrid/online courses using Quality Matters as design quality control. Faculty will need to have completed one successful Quality Matters review before taking this self-paced course.
This is an option, ongoing, and self-paced introductory Canvas tutorial for faculty/staff.
Quality Matters Courses
Quality Matters offers professional development opportunities in the form of webinars, conferences, online courses, and course reviews. If you are interested in signing up for professional development through Quality Matters please contact the Center for Online Education to be enrolled.