Pep Band Scholarships
Promising student musicians who are committed to participating in North Park University’s Pep Band are invited to audition for annually renewable scholarships of up to $1,000 for ensemble members and up to $3,000 for student leaders. The North Park University Pep Band bolsters the University’s team spirit at approximately 15 basketball and football events throughout the year and is a wonderful way to continue participating in a music ensemble at the collegiate level. Scholarships are open to all students regardless of intended major.
North Park University’s Pep Band is made up of a strong rhythm section including electric guitar, electric bass, and percussion (snare, bass drum, cymbals, etc.), as well as an equally strong melodic section featuring brass and woodwind instruments such as tuba, euphonium/baritone, horn, trombone, trumpet, saxophone (alto, tenor and baritone), clarinet, oboe, bassoon and flute/piccolo each year. Students interested in auditioning, should complete the Pep Band Scholarship Audition Application below. See audition requirements below.
Pep Band Scholarship Auditions
On-campus auditions will be scheduled on our audition dates listed below. Individual auditions and electronic submission are options for those that are not able to attend one of our audition dates.
- Saturday, February 12, 2022
- Saturday, February 26, 2022
The music department will continue to accept Music Scholarship Applications throughout the summer for admission and scholarship consideration, as funds remain.
Music Scholarship notifications will be communicated two weeks following each audition date or recording submission.
Questions about the application and audition process may be directed to the Assistant Director of the School of Music, Art, and Theatre Recruitment, Erin Matonte.
1) Complete an application to North Park University.
2) Complete a Pep Band Audition Application.
The application will have three options for audition:
- On-Campus (Dates above. Erin Matonte will reach out to confirm audition schedule)
- Individual (Erin Matonte will reach out to schedule an audition)
- Electronic (In the above application, there is submission link for a document that contains your audition materials)
If you are selected to receive a Pep Band Scholarship, it will be renewable with continued participation for up to four years, as long as you meet the following guidelines:
- Practice regularly and prepare music prior to each rehearsal and event
- Participate in all rehearsals and required number of events, as scheduled, throughout each academic year.
- Enroll full-time at North Park University (at least 12 semester hours each semester)
- Maintain appropriate academic standing with a minimum overall GPA of 2.0.
- Complete and adhere to specific stipulations as outlined by the Pep Band Scholarship contract.
Pep Band Scholarship notifications will be communicated within two weeks for on-campus auditions and by April 15th for recorded auditions.
To be eligible, students must be accepted to the University (as a first-year or transfer student) and enrolled full-time (12 or more semester hours). Pep Band Scholarships may be awarded in addition to other scholarships and grants for which you may qualify and will not diminish other scholarship amounts. If selected, Pep Band Scholarships will appear on your financial aid award letter.
*Pep Band Scholarship awards may be combined with other gift aid such as academic scholarships, grants, etc., however, total gift aid, including Federal and State aid, may not exceed the cost of tuition at North Park University.