The Office of Diversity and Intercultural Life (ODIL) offers several signature events to the internal and external communities. Some of our most popular events include the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration and our Multicultural Awards Banquet. For more information about our events and programs, visit the Office of Diversity organization page on myNPU-Engage, find ODIL events listed at RSO Events and Activities, or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Upcoming Signature Events
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration January 17, 2024, 12:30 pm CST, Anderson Chapel & Online
Multicultural Awards Banquet: March 26, 2024, 10:30 am CST, Location TBA
Cultural and Heritage Month Programming
ODIL will celebrate the recognized awareness months and week(s) for the NPU community below. Cultural and heritage months will educate and raise understanding regarding the heritage and history of cultures, groups, or causes. These are not trivialized recognitions but intentional intercultural celebrations which reflect North Park’s diverse student body.
ODIL and Diversity Office Clubs will provide programming, commentary, and resources to promote these selected intercultural observances and commemorative months/weeks. We hope you join us!
- Hispanic/Latin American Heritage Month: Sept 15 – Oct 15
- LGBTQ+ History Month: Oct 1 – 31
- PRIDE Week (sponsored by Queers & Allies): October 5 – 11
- Un-Documented Week: November 2 – 6
- Native Americans/Indigenous/First Nations Heritage Month: November 1 – 30
- Interfaith Cultural Month: December 1 – 31
- Black History Month: Feb 1 – 28
- Womxn’s History Month: March 1 – 31
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month: April 1 – 30*
*ODIL has reserved April for this month while nationally celebrated in May.