Summer Science Academy
June 25, 2018–August 2, 2018
High school juniors and seniors experience science first-hand at North Park’s Summer Science Academy. Seasoned faculty lead the interactive courses, while current North Park science majors serve as mentors. Students advance their skills and passion for science in North Park’s state-of-the-art facilities. The one- or two-week courses introduce students to university-level science programs, providing insight for thriving at the college level.
Course fees: $180 per course per week. Tuition credit will be provided if a student participant matriculates to North Park University.
“We felt incredibly lucky to have found out about the program when we did for a rising senior.” —Tracy, parent of 2017 student participant
- What’s in Your Food? June 25–28
- Human Anatomy Boot Camp June 25–28
- Body Dynamics and Comfort July 9–12
- Fin, Fur, and Feathers July 16–26
- Genomes from the Chicago River July 16–26
- Understanding Yourself through Psychological Science July 30–August 2
Learn more about course instructors and see course descriptions here.
Application and Registration
To be considered for the program, students must complete the application and pay the course fee. Course fee is $180 per course per week. A limited number of scholarships are available. Tuition credit will be provided to student participants who matriculate at North Park. Please note that space is limited, so we may not be able to accept all students who apply. If we’re unable to accept you into the course you choose, your registration fee will be refunded.
As part of the application process, you’ll be asked to complete an essay with information about you and your school.
- In 200–500 words, answer the question, “Why do you want to take this course?” (Compose this answer in a word processing program before you start the registration form, and then copy and paste it into the space provided in the form.)
Information About You
- Your name, email address and phone number
- Parent/guardian name and phone number
- Emergency contact name and phone number
Information About Your School
- Name and location of your high school
- The year you will graduate
- List of the science classes you’ve taken in high school, with the grade earned in each
- High school guidance counselor name, email and phone number
- Name and contact information for a high school science teacher who will serve as a reference for you
Contact Dr. Yoojin Choi, program coordinator, for more information including scholarship opportunities.
For more information please visit northpark.edu/summerscience