Will You Sign the Viking Shield?
Being a member of the North Park community — on campus and in person during the Covid-19 pandemic — calls each of us to step up and share the responsibility for protecting our own health and the health of others.
“The Viking Shield” is our mutual agreement and covenant to follow the safety instructions, guidelines, and protocols identified by the University, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Chicago Department of Public Health to keep our campus community as safe and healthy as possible.
Sign the Viking Shield
I am stepping up and signing on to shield North Park:
1. Protecting Myself:
- I will monitor myself for the symptoms of Covid-19 and take my temperature every morning.
- I will contact Health Services at (773) 244-4892 or email email@example.com if I have any potential symptoms for Covid-19, including a fever of 100.4 F (38 C) or higher. After hours, I will call Swedish Hospital’s free 24/7 Covid-19 hotline at (773) 907-7700.
- I will wash my hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds and use the available hand sanitizer frequently throughout the day.
2. Protecting Others:
- I will wear my Viking mask, or other appropriate face covering indoors. “My mask protects you. Your mask protects me.”
- I will maintain at least a 6-foot physical distance in classroom settings and group settings.
- I will stay home if I feel ill.
- I will be positive, compassionate and supportive for others, who may be troubled or struggling.
3. Protecting Our North Park Community:
- I will help keep my personal spaces and shared common spaces clean and disinfected.
- I will be mindful and observe instructional signs, traffic flows, and other posted guidelines.