MACF and MBA Program Requirements
North Park Theological Seminary’s master of arts in Christian formation/master of business administration dual degree is designed to equip men and women for positions related to Christian formation in congregations or business and nonprofit settings in an increasingly globalized world. It may lead to Ordination to Word and Service in the Evangelical Covenant Church or other denominations. View the full list of degree outcomes in the Seminary catalog.
This degree can be completed in three years, although students may choose to extend the program based on their family needs and community involvement.
Please note: 17 credit hours are required in residence at the main campus.
Bible, 12 credit hours
- New Testament I: The Texts and Their World
- New Testament II: The Texts and Their Theology
- Old Testament I: Pentateuch and Interpretation
- Old Testament II: Prophets and Preaching Legacy
- Old Testament III: Wisdom and Israel’s Praise
History, 3 credit hours
- Christian History I: The Early Church to the Early Reformation (1-16c)
Theology, 3 credit hours
- Christian Theology
Spiritual Formation, 3 credit hours
The spiritual formation sequence seeks to integrate the ongoing spiritual and academic dimensions of the seminary experience in order to facilitate conscious growth in personal and corporate spiritual life.
- Journey: The Story of Our Lives
- Intercultural Spirituality: The Road Together
Foundations in Christian Ministry, 9 credit hours
- Christian Education and Formation in the Church
- Ministry Identity and Practice
- Christian Worship
Formation and Ministry Electives, 6 credit hours
- Cultural Diversity Elective
- General CEDF/MNST elective
Denominational Elective, 3 credit hours
- Students seeking ordination in the Evangelical Covenant Church should take History and Theology of the Covenant Church to fill this elective.
Business Administration, 26 credit hours
- Organizational Behavior and Ethics
- Ethical Leadership
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Global Macroeconomics for Managers
- Microeconomics for Managers
- Managerial Finance
- Financial Decision Making
- Quantitative Decision Making
- Marketing Analysis and Consumer Behavior
- Multi-Sector Convergence and Social Responsibility
- Strategy for Competitive Advantage
- MBA Capstone
Dual-Degree Integrative Courses, 4 credit hours
- The Life of the Leader: Making an Impact
- Leading the Transformational Organization: Generating Mission Movements
Field Education, 7 credits
You are required to complete 7 Field Education credits in addition to the 69 academic credit hours required for your degree:
- 1 credit earned by taking Vocational Excellence
- 4 credits earned by completing an internship
- 1 credit earned by completing the cultural competency module
- 1 credit earned through a theological reflection module
The master of arts in Christian formation and master of business administration degree is awarded to students meeting the following requirements:
- Completion of a psychological evaluation; successful completion of the Mid-Program Review.
- The completion of 69 semester hours of academic course work, plus 7 field education credit hours.
- A grade point average of 2.5 must be maintained. No grade under C- shall be counted toward the degree.
- Exemplification of a quality of life and commitment suitable for ministry.
- No outstanding incomplete grades later than week seven of the term in which they plan to graduate.
- Complete payment of all accounts and fees to the Seminary.
- Completion of the degree within seven years from the time of matriculation.
More information on these requirements is available in the North Park Theological Seminary catalog.